News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I went mudding accidentally

Started by US 41, April 20, 2015, 10:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I be concerned

Yes
1 (9.1%)
No, just wash it
6 (54.5%)
Maybe
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

US 41

To make a long story short. The highway (US 41) was blocked off and I went down a dirt road to go around it. The road had a little bit of gravel, but it is mostly just dirt. However I didn't realize there was so much mud on this one part of the road. It is about a half a mile stretch. I got stuck once in my car but somehow made it to the highway. Is there any chance I tore anything up under my car or will it be fine as long as I go to the car wash?

Here's where the road was all mud.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39.681148,-87.3682241/39.6811278,-87.3579239/@39.681817,-87.3641033,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

NE2

You should have gotten out and had sex with the mud.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

Quote from: NE2 on April 20, 2015, 11:26:07 AM

Sounds slightly kooky and rather kinky.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US 41

I just checked it out and it seems like everything is perfectly fine (no oil leaks etc). It ran perfectly fine on my way home too. I'm going to take it to Crew Car Wash this evening and hopefully it will get rid of all the mud under my car. For now on I think I'm going to just stick strictly to state highways even if it means driving an extra 30 miles to get somewhere. I definitely learned my lesson today.

cjk374

Pay a little extra attention the next few days after the wash.  Check the feel in the steering wheel and see if it starts pulling a bit more in one direction over another.  If nothing bad is felt, all is well.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Brian556

quote form NE2:
QuoteYou should have gotten out and had sex with the mud.

Huh...so this is why rednecks like 'muddin'; they are just kinky!

US 41

Quote from: cjk374 on April 20, 2015, 06:31:47 PM
Pay a little extra attention the next few days after the wash.  Check the feel in the steering wheel and see if it starts pulling a bit more in one direction over another.  If nothing bad is felt, all is well.

Well apparently all is well. No leaks and the steering is still fine. I went on a long road trip yesterday and it ran like it always has. No more county roads for me, highways only. All the county roads in my area are either gravel or infested with potholes. Fortunately the county road I live on is basically a highway and connects to 2 highways on both ends. There's really no reason for me to chance tearing up my car again on junk roads. Lesson learned.

KG909

Quote from: NE2 on April 20, 2015, 11:26:07 AM
Fun times
~Fuccboi

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.