News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Trip to Urbana, IL - Questions

Started by Thing 342, November 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thing 342

I'm headed over to the University of Illinois on Sunday. My currently planned route is to take I-64 to the AA Highway, then to I-74 between Cincy and Champaign. Then on the way back, I wanted to take I-74 to I-70, then US-35 to I-64. I have a few questions I wanted to ask:

• Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?
    • Is it quicker to follow I-465 north or south around Indianapolis?
    • How much of US-35 in Ohio is freeway?

NE2

Quote from: Thing 342 on November 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?
It's a National Scenic Byway, so if you're into scenery, probably.

How much of US-35 in Ohio is freeway?
Dayton to West Virginia is all four-lane expressway. Part of it in WV is busy two-lane.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US 41

I would go around the southside of Indy.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

hbelkins

• Is taking US-52 between Huntington and Cincy instead of the AA Highway worth the ~1/2 hours added to the trip?

Personally, I don't think so.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

I'm headed over to the University of Illinois on Sunday. My currently planned route is to take I-64 to the AA Highway, then to I-74 between Cincy and Champaign. Then on the way back, I wanted to take I-74 to I-70, then US-35 to I-64. I have a few questions I wanted to ask:

• Is it quicker to follow I-465 north or south around Indianapolis?

South.  I-74 follows the south part of the loop, and it is a little bit shorter than the north part of the loop.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.