News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

On I-95 and I-195 in NJ who decides what signage to put up for POis

Started by jerseyguy, December 04, 2016, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerseyguy

In particular I'm talking about On I-95 The Trenton Mercer Airport exit 2 sign (its a supplemental exit sign not the primary) and the Trenton Mercer Airport next 2 exit signs. Also on I-195 West sign that says "Trenton Mercer Airport use I-295 north to I-95 south. Does NJ DOT pay when they decide its big enough to have one or the airport pay??

roadman

Shortly after Mitt Romney became governor of Massachusetts in 2004, the New England Council of Governors decided they wanted to give additional emphasis to the airports in Manchester and Providence.  As such, signs were installed in advance of some key highway junctions in Massachusetts indicating routes to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport and TF Green Airport.  The signs were paid for by MassHighway, not the airports.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jerseyguy on December 04, 2016, 11:54:14 PM
In particular I'm talking about On I-95 The Trenton Mercer Airport exit 2 sign (its a supplemental exit sign not the primary) and the Trenton Mercer Airport next 2 exit signs. Also on I-195 West sign that says "Trenton Mercer Airport use I-295 north to I-95 south. Does NJ DOT pay when they decide its big enough to have one or the airport pay??

It's probably NJDOT that pays.

Alps

For things like airports, the roadway agency would pay. For commercial attractions, the attraction would usually pay. Very large attractions like Camden Aquarium, Six Flags, etc. might get away with it because the public interest of directing that many people outweighs trying to milk some change out of them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.