Sections of SR 46 Not Decommissioned as Originally Proposed?

Started by Brian556, January 07, 2022, 06:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Concerning SR 46 from Mount Dora to I-4: Previously, it was stated on this forum and/ or on AA Roads.com that SR 46 was to be decommissioned east of SR 453. The overhead sign on SR 453 at SR 46 suggests this, given that there is no SR 46 shield for the sign pointing east from this intersection. However, the ground-mount signage suggests otherwise. There is an "EAST SR 46" reassurance assembly just east of SR 453, as well as other SR 46 signage east of this intersection. What's up with this? Did FDOT change their mind? Was the information that the decommissioning was to happen false to begin with?

kevinb1994

There have been delays on the project, but the plan is still to decommission the segment of SR 46 between SR 453 and SR 429.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

There appears to be a planned frontage road with bike lanes being built. So I assume that it will be a way to not pay the toll if you don't want to.  Whether county or state maintained, still a shunpike route will be there from what I figure.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Henry

I'm guessing FDOT is waiting until the expressway is completed first, because that would be a smart move on their part.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.