News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

[H]OSPITAL signs

Started by briantroutman, July 17, 2018, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briantroutman

I was watching a video shot in Missouri and an odd sign caught my eye–a blue sign panel with the standard square-H hospital symbol and OSPITAL to the right of it. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought I recall seeing this arrangement somewhere else as well. Has anyone seen signs like this in other states?

Quote from: MoDOT Engineering Policy Guide

SSR_317

Wonder if they just slapped the D9-2 sign over a pre-existing text "H" on this sign?

ErmineNotyours

I must have been 5 when this happened.  I remember the time the local hospital was being renovated, and a temporary sign HOSPITAL was put in front. But there was a break in the sign so it said HO SPITAL.  My dad thought this was hilarious, but I didn't get the joke.

csw

I have seen this recently, trying to remember where....it was somewhere in northern Illinois, western Illinois, or eastern Missouri.

Scott5114

This is standard practice for Missouri.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.