News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignGeek101

Had to put the furnace on last week for the first time this season, pretty typical here (went down almost to freezing a couple nights back). Temps rebounded and now I have to watch the temperature in the house to avoid using the AC.

Desert Man

After Tropical storm Newton moved east of the CA desert last weekend, high temps were in the 90sf/35c range last week, then went up to 105f/40c over the weekend and now Tropical storm Paine directly hits Baja and southern CA in the next 3 days, so the humidity rate and chance of T-storms goes way up. 
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Desert Man

It's me again (LOL)...very nice: full sun and highs 87-92F range in the Coachella Valley, where the Desert Trip music concert event is held this weekend. Welcome to Indio CA, sir Paul McCartney, the Stones, the Who, Bob Dylan, George Waters and Neil Young.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Alex

High of 87 with partly cloudy skies. Enjoyed the 50s for lows in NW Florida and NW Alabama the last week. The front did clear Tampa while I was gone, setting in a long term dry pattern.

Was looking at the U.S. Drought Map and parts of NE Alabama are now in exceptional drought. Where I was (near Russellville, AL) is also quite dry with moderate drought conditions. Most of the grass in NW Florida, and everywhere I saw throughout Alabama, is brown. Skies were almost cloud free the entire time I was up there and just in the last week Lower Alabama and the FL Panhandle were added to the "abnormally dry" category.

Rothman

51°F, crystal clear and absolutely beautiful.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cl94

Quote from: Rothman on October 15, 2016, 11:41:38 AM
51°F, crystal clear and absolutely beautiful.

I took a drive down to the Catskills today to clinch NY 8/28 and enjoy the scenery. Finally feels like fall and I remember why I loved fall so much growing up in the Adirondacks.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

kkt

Predicted all night epic Stormzilla was instead a mild breeze for a couple of hours.  Calm and cloudy now, with occassional drizzle.

JMoses24

We had tornado warnings near Cincinnati last night, after being in the 80s for two days. Today, it is in the 60's, cloudy, and rainy.

allniter89

At 8pm 78 & clear. After a long hot dry summer we finally have temps closer to normal, highs mid 70-80, lows low 40-50. It will be nice turning off ac & opening windows. We haven't had any rain this month tho October is our driest month. If nothing tropical develops, we'll have made it thru another hurricane season unscathed.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

cl94

35 and rain, with the occasional flurry mixing in. Supposed to become a full-blown mix here in Albany later.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

jp the roadgeek

Last Thursday: 80 degrees, sunny, beautiful :nod:

This Thursday: Snow, even accumulating on the grass.   X-(
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

cl94

Snow. Winter in Albany has begun.

jeffandnicole

85 and sitting on a beach in Punta Cana!

cl94

If I had a dollar for every person I saw walking around RPI today with an umbrella in the snow, I'd be rich. Really easy to tell that they aren't from around here  :-D

jakeroot

Quote from: cl94 on October 27, 2016, 02:27:28 PM
If I had a dollar for every person I saw walking around RPI today with an umbrella in the snow, I'd be rich. Really easy to tell that they aren't from around here  :-D

Same thing here in the PNW. You don't use umbrellas (unless you want to protect your hair).

cl94

Quote from: jakeroot on October 27, 2016, 02:31:12 PM

Same thing here in the PNW. You don't use umbrellas (unless you want to protect your hair).

Umbrellas are useless here anyway most of the time due to wind. Doesn't do any good if it's blowing in from the side.

SignGeek101

Winnipeg has no snow yet. It officially hasn't fallen yet either, though people have told me they've seen snow falling in local areas for a small amount of time. It's looking like we will enter November without snow, which isn't too bad of a start for a USDA zone 3A climate.

vdeane

I used my umbrella today.  The snow changed to rain during my commute home (which took an HOUR because people here are too dumb to drive in what counts as a good day in Rochester), as was forecast (though the forecasts had it changing a couple hours earlier; at least I didn't need to use my umbrella and snow brush at the same time).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

cl94

Quote from: vdeane on October 27, 2016, 07:01:33 PM
I used my umbrella today.  The snow changed to rain during my commute home (which took an HOUR because people here are too dumb to drive in what counts as a good day in Rochester), as was forecast (though the forecasts had it changing a couple hours earlier; at least I didn't need to use my umbrella and snow brush at the same time).

Yeah, it never changed to rain in Troy. Scraped an inch of slush off of my car and it's still falling frozen

TravelingBethelite

Chilly and gross here today. It wasn't as bad when it was snowing (started about 10:20pm) but it changed over to rain about 1:30 PM today. Everything that accumulated turned into an awful slush. For the rest of the day, it was in the low 40s and pouring-ew. I'd rather it'd be 15 degrees colder and snowing.   :ded:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Desert Man

The past week (10 days), we had 3 storm fronts and now it's cooler, cloudy and seasonable, but was warmer in the 90s with humidity (T-storms on the 24th).

noelbotevera

Today the high was 76 degrees, low was about 47 (Fahrenheit). It was enough to wear a T-shirt and shorts, but tomorrow is the last day we'll have unseasonably warm weather.

SignGeek101

Crazy warm here today and yesterday. Temps got into the high teens Celsius (or low 60's Fahrenheit). Average high in the city is supposed to be just above freezing (average low is -6 C or 21 F) for this time of the year. The sun was very low and weak as it normally is this far north this time of the year, but it was still out shining.

Gonna stay warm and sunny (though not as warm as today) for the next week, which I'm not complaining about.

JMoses24

Rainy, highs in the 40's today. Tomorrow looks a little cooler but the steady rain should exit.

CNGL-Leudimin

What a crazy day has been here. It has rained for the last few days almost non-stop, but today there were thunderstorms and even a hailstorm, very unusual for late November.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.