News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

PQ-175 4-laning

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 23, 2009, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

Here some pictures of the 4-laning of PQ-175 on this French blog
http://marcfp85.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/rt-175-entre-les-km-87-et-90/
and the clearing of the planned ROW for the realigned PQ-175, A-73 will be extended north by being multiplexed with PQ-175 until Km 84, north of that PQ-175 continue as a 4-lanes divided highway http://marcfp85.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/a-73rt-175-a-stoneham-et-st-adolphe/

Stephane Dumas

There a French video broadcast about PQ-175 on Youtube

un1

Oh so they are still building this? I heard somewhere that this was a rumour and was never going to be done, well looks like I was wrong! Its a great video (bien chose que je pouvais parle francais), shows just how beautiful Route 175 really is (and how much environment they are destroying to build it). Can't wait until its finished maybe I'll go there one day to see it, really reminds me of Thunder Bay and we are also getting a freeway because of the dangerous Canadian Shield terrain! (Construction commences this summer)
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Roadsign199qc

Quote from: un1 on April 05, 2010, 02:56:56 PM
Oh so they are still building this? I heard somewhere that this was a rumour and was never going to be done, well looks like I was wrong! Its a great video (bien chose que je pouvais parle francais), shows just how beautiful Route 175 really is (and how much environment they are destroying to build it). Can't wait until its finished maybe I'll go there one day to see it, really reminds me of Thunder Bay and we are also getting a freeway because of the dangerous Canadian Shield terrain! (Construction commences this summer)

We say "bonne chose que je parle/que je parlais (le) français" (Good think I speak french.)
Hi!

Quillz

So will A-70 eventually be connected to the rest of the Autoroute network via A-73?

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Quillz on November 13, 2010, 02:12:49 PM
So will A-70 eventually be connected to the rest of the Autoroute network via A-73?

De facto, since PQ-175 will only be a 4-lanes divided highway althought a bit close to the definition of "rural expressway" in the limits of the Laurentides provincial park.

Dr Frankenstein

Not quite, Quillz, since most intersections seem to be at-grade... so not only it probably won't be signed as Autoroute but the speed limit will also most probably be 90 km/h (55 mph).

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on November 13, 2010, 10:36:50 PM
Not quite, Quillz, since most intersections seem to be at-grade... so not only it probably won't be signed as Autoroute but the speed limit will also most probably be 90 km/h (55 mph).

A bit ridiculous they might keep the speed limit to 90 km/h when some super-2 gaps like A-30 in Becancour, A-55, A-50, A-73, A-20 at Rimouski, A-955 got a speed limit of 100 km/h :banghead:

Dr Frankenstein

True, but a part of QC-116 is a freeway with numbered exits and it's still 90 km/h. Might be because it's urban, though.

I guess that future will tell us.

Stephane Dumas

I spotted a time-lapse video of PQ-175

Stephane Dumas

I spotted this video in French showing exterpts of vintage films of the construction of PQ-175 known then as PQ-54 and Boulevard Talbot from the mid-to-late 1940s.

Stephane Dumas

There one Youtube user who mentionned then PQ-175 4-laning is complete including the freeway gap at Stoneham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGWmOG55m1Y&lc=D81qBKmJliiHZpJCplxEIQ8COiHMmxPbsjZmTOxqno8

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.