News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

WE (Windsor-Essex) Parkway to start in fall

Started by Stephane Dumas, August 30, 2009, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I spotted it on Canroads, works on the Windsor-Essex parkway (a western extension of Hwy 401 to the Detroit River to a new proposed bridge) will start this fall, here the official site http://www.weparkway.ca/

njroadhorse

So Highway 401 will get even longer with this parkway?  :colorful:
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Stephane Dumas

vdeane

Has this extension always been planned or is it recent?  I've found it odd that 401 starts its exit numbers/distance posts at km 13.

Glad to see it's finally starting.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

Getting 401 to some sort of border crossing has always been planned (hence the exit numbers/KM-posts beginning at 13).  This particular project is much more recent, though.

vdeane

I wonder why they didn't just build it to a border crossing from the start.  It's not like it would have been a huge addition.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Bickendan

I'd imagine it was the US side that couldn't decide where to have the crossing.

vdeane

They could have had it connect to an existing crossing (though a new crossing might have been part of the plan).

Hellfighter

I wonder how the Bridge Dispute will alter the Crossing plans, if at all?

rawmustard

An announcement is expected this morning regarding the selection of the consortium that will build this project. The provincial government promises groundbreaking by next August. One hundred residential and commercial structures have already been demolished in preparation for the highway, with a total of 300 to be removed.

haljackey

New Windsor-Essex Parkway signs erected along Highway 3 in Windsor:

Propaganda much? :lol:

rawmustard

Quote from: haljackey on March 18, 2011, 02:48:16 PM
New Windsor-Essex Parkway signs erected along Highway 3 in Windsor:
{snip images}
Propaganda much? :lol:

It almost reminds me of the Burma-Shave campaign if they were able to get a fourth sign to rhyme with the second.

NE2

easing traffic flow / creating jobs / get out and dig / you lazy slobs / BURMA SHAVE
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.