News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

For AHTD: Road Striping Policy

Started by US71, September 24, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

For AHTD: What is your policy on striping roads when there is an object in the way? Do you attempt to move it or simply paint over it and move on?

This happened the other day in Jonesboro:

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

This strikes me as one of those places where "policy" and "what the guy who is paid $12/hr actually does" is likely to vary considerably

Zeffy

Quote from: corco on September 24, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
This strikes me as one of those places where "policy" and "what the guy who is paid $12/hr actually does" is likely to vary considerably

They might get the job done, but it sure as hell looks like it'll be shitty quality. Why are there triangular pieces just sticking out on the shoulder?
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

US71

Quote from: Zeffy on September 24, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

They might get the job done, but it sure as hell looks like it'll be shitty quality. Why are there triangular pieces just sticking out on the shoulder?
They appear to be scrap lumber.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Pete from Boston

Quote from: US71 on September 24, 2014, 11:16:11 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on September 24, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

They appear to be scrap lumber.

That's no lumber, that's OSB.  Probably placed there to, you know, sheathe the shoulder.  You're telling me the roads in Arkansas don't have subfloors?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.