News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NY 531 Terminus Project

Started by steviep24, January 28, 2015, 01:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Quote from: webny99 on August 05, 2022, 11:34:06 PM
The NY 31 WB and Washington St approaches also have NY 36 SB signed at the north end of the NY 31 jog.
Of course, those could be explained as a missing TO banner... it's certainly messy.  For TM purposes at least, I'd argue no-build, at least until we can get updated traffic data for another point of reference.  Stuff like this is not unheard of, either... remember this, despite NY 404 ending here?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

Quote from: vdeane on August 06, 2022, 11:19:12 AM
The NY 31 WB and Washington St approaches also have NY 36 SB signed at the north end of the NY 31 jog.
Of course, those could be explained as a missing TO banner... it's certainly messy.  For TM purposes at least, I'd argue no-build, at least until we can get updated traffic data for another point of reference.  Stuff like this is not unheard of, either... remember this, despite NY 404 ending here?

Yeah, I am glad that I found this instead of posting it in TM.  I agree with you here.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

empirestate

Quote from: vdeane on August 06, 2022, 11:19:12 AM

This feels like a case where a boundary is defined by a river, then the river moves. Did the boundary move with the river, or does it still exist where it always has?

If the terminus of NY 36 was defined as being at NY 31, did the terminus move with the re-route, or did it remain fixed once defined, unless and until being re-defined?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.