0 (0%)
Saturday 9/9
1 (100%)
Sunday 9/10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: August 29, 2017, 06:51:49 PM

dgolub

I'm planning to host a mini-meet to drive over the new Tappan Zee Bridge (a.k.a. the New NY Bridge or the Cuomo Bridge) after it opens.  I'm booked for this weekend, but I could do something the next couple of weekends.  If you're interested in coming, please vote for the dates that work for you.  Thanks!

SSOWorld

I just got done with a road trip - I have another two weeks from then, so no go for me.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cl94

I'm booked every weekend for the next couple months except this upcoming weekend, so that's when I plan to check the thing out myself. Quite a shame too, as I could make a meet there without a hotel stay.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

froggie

I'm looking at this Saturday as well, in no small part because classes begin on Monday.

vdeane

I currently have driving the bridge included as part of a longer 8-9 hour clinching trip that's currently planned for Columbus Day weekend.  That said, I MAY end up moving it to some time in September, though if I'm going to do that and when I'd do it if I did are both still TBD.  Not really sure my route would line up even with stopping for lunch (I plan to be on NY 9A around that time).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

02 Park Ave

vdeane, the Sunset Cove restaurant in Tarrytown is nice with outdoor seating.  It is almost right under the new bridge.  You could study the bridge from your table.
C-o-H

jpi

No go for me, I will be in central PA around the weekend of the 23rd and 24th next month but even then I will be pretty busy with the annual toy show in Hershey and a possible class reunion on the same weekend.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

74/171FAN

Quote from: jpi on August 23, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
No go for me, I will be in central PA around the weekend of the 23rd and 24th next month but even then I will be pretty busy with the annual toy show in Hershey and a possible class reunion on the same weekend.

That will be the weekend I am gone from central PA next month.  I could maybe do 9/2 or 9/9 but I will not commit to that at this time.  My unplanned trip to Florida earlier this month due to the death of my uncle has most likely ended any chance of me going to a road meet the rest of this year (except maybe Ashtabula County, Ohio).
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

PHLBOS

I got a chance to drive on the new span while coming back from Massachusetts this past Sunday.

Unfortunately, none of the listed dates work for me.  This coming weekend is Labor Day weekend which means that I will be in Massachusetts once again for the entire weekend; through such, I will get another opportunity to drive on the new span again.

The following weekend (9/9-10) is out due to my being in the Lehigh Valley that Saturday & Sundays are usually a no-go for me anyways.

Personal suggestion: if you don't get too many takers for either weekend, you might want to consider a later weekend for your mini-meet.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

dgolub

Based on the response so far, I feel like it's probably not happening and that I'll just need to find an excuse to drive over it some time.

JJBers

Can't go, not only is it really far (It's a couple hundred miles), I don't think my dad would allow it, and I got other things to do that weekend.
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

hbelkins

I'd be interested, but this weekend is out (anniversary is Saturday) and next weekend isn't really viable either, especially for such a long drive for what is being described as a mini-meet. Perhaps at some point I'll get to drive the new bridge if/when I'm back in the northeast. I'm trying to concentrate any traveling I do in areas where I haven't been as often, such as the southeast and midwest.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

PHLBOS

Mini-meet or no mini-meet; since I still have family in Massachusetts, I will be making many trips on this new bridge (unless the toll jumps to an ungodly high amount).  Although both my parents died within 104 days of each other (those on FB already know this); my brother & his family still resides in the Bay State, so I will still be making Delaware Valley-New England runs during most holidays via the new & old bridges (even after my mother's estate is settled & sold some time next year).

Side bar: I've been told by a reliable source (some who works on-site at the bridge) that the old bridge will still be open for another 6 to 8 weeks before the inbound traffic is move to the new outbound span.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

froggie

Not surprisingly.  Looked like they still had some barrier work left to do on the new bridge and its approaches in order to shift eastbound traffic.

In the meantime, they've moved the "movable barrier" on the old bridge to allow 4 eastbound lanes, not to mention they've already taken the zipper machine off the barrier.  It was sitting on the edge of the old westbound side when I drove through last weekend.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.