News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkman417

Smoke from wildfires out west entered my skies a day ago. Low 90s for the next couple days, then back down to the mid 80s.

allniter89

Had a low temp of 59° this morning at my place, not a record but damn pleasant :nod:
I was cutting the grass at 7a.m. By 9am it was 85°, high 92°.
71° at 1130pm, late night thunderstorms developing.
Local weatherman noted 5 possible tropical systems in the Gulf & Atlantic, a couple are only "Invest" & still close to Africa. As noted by Corey Samson upthread there is a system in the far west Gulf that might head for Houston.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

J N Winkler

Here in Wichita, summer has yet to release its grip.  We've had a few evenings when the air felt almost cool after sunset, but the forecast still calls for highs in the upper nineties this week.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

CoreySamson

Fairly typical partly cloudy late summer day here in Houston today. Highs in the high 80s. Currently under a tropical storm warning from TS Nicholas. Supposed to rain for the next 5 days, potentially picking up a foot of rain or more.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

snowc

Quote from: J N Winkler on September 12, 2021, 01:04:55 PM
Here in Wichita, summer has yet to release its grip.  We've had a few evenings when the air felt almost cool after sunset, but the forecast still calls for highs in the upper nineties this week.
Here in Harnett County, its yet to be fall! We have temps in the 90s this week along with a few showers and storms. Not much, but humidity is REALLY kicking in. :bigass:
But GFS is saying by the end of the month, we should be FINALLY returning to sub-90s for the month of October, which is my birthday month!!  :wow: :wow: :colorful:

CoreySamson

Wet and windy from TS Nicholas all day today. The high never got out of the 70s. Wind is gusting to around 40 mph as we speak, and hurricane-force gusts are not out of the question for tonight. So far we've picked up 2 inches of rain; an additional 5 to 8 are coming tonight. Tonight will have the strongest tropical winds coastal Houston has seen since Ike in 2008, and the strongest I've personally witnessed since Gustav of that same year.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Roadgeekteen

High in the 70s and partly cloudy

snowc

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 13, 2021, 08:34:34 PM
Wet and windy from TS Nicholas all day today. The high never got out of the 70s. Wind is gusting to around 40 mph as we speak, and hurricane-force gusts are not out of the question for tonight. So far we've picked up 2 inches of rain; an additional 5 to 8 are coming tonight. Tonight will have the strongest tropical winds coastal Houston has seen since Ike in 2008, and the strongest I've personally witnessed since Gustav of that same year.
I wonder if Oncor or Reliant have any outages near your home

CoreySamson

Quote from: snowc on September 14, 2021, 12:13:03 PM
Several friends and people in my neighborhood are without power, but it's still on here. I guess I'll post this here as well:
Quote from: CoreySamson on September 14, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
The northern eyewall of Nicholas went directly over my town at about 1am this morning. I woke up around that time and wondered why it was so quiet. All is fine here, but several friends have downed trees and there is minor wind damage around town. I estimate the winds gusted to about 65 or 70 mph at my house last night. A rain gauge in my neighborhood recorded about 9 inches of rain, but luckily no flooding in the area except for a couple streets in Houston and the surge along the coast. Safe to say this could have been much, much worse for the Houston metro but I'm worried about the rain it will dump on Louisiana, especially Lake Charles.

My Route Log
My Clinches

bassoon1986

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 14, 2021, 01:47:48 PM
Quote from: snowc on September 14, 2021, 12:13:03 PM
Several friends and people in my neighborhood are without power, but it's still on here. I guess I'll post this here as well:
Quote from: CoreySamson on September 14, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
The northern eyewall of Nicholas went directly over my town at about 1am this morning. I woke up around that time and wondered why it was so quiet. All is fine here, but several friends have downed trees and there is minor wind damage around town. I estimate the winds gusted to about 65 or 70 mph at my house last night. A rain gauge in my neighborhood recorded about 9 inches of rain, but luckily no flooding in the area except for a couple streets in Houston and the surge along the coast. Safe to say this could have been much, much worse for the Houston metro but I'm worried about the rain it will dump on Louisiana, especially Lake Charles.
Agreed. Coastal Louisiana is the last place that needs additional rain or tropical weather right now. Lake Charles had Laura (4) last year, followed by Delta (2) which was a lot of rain and flooding. The extended ice storm in February, a random rain storm in May that flooded much of Lake Charles again. And now potentially Nicholas.

I live in central Louisiana and we are looking at 6-8 inches with pockets of places having 10-15.

iPhone

ozarkman417

Cold front with storms coming in tonight. After the front passes, mid 80s and sunny for the next three days.

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

Classic Pacific Northwest morning. Rainy, 50s, now cloudy. Next week or so, highs should hover in the 60s (low 60s north Sound, upper 60s south Sound).

snowc

Quote from: jakeroot on September 15, 2021, 12:42:53 PM
Classic Pacific Northwest morning. Rainy, 50s, now cloudy. Next week or so, highs should hover in the 60s (low 60s north Sound, upper 60s south Sound).
It has now begun raining. Tstorms possible today with highs in 90s
EDIT: aaaand my weatherbug app just screamed at me and said this message
EDIT 2: It is POURING outside! :wow: :colorful:
uhoh by Bryce Monaghan, on Flickr

hotdogPi

Quote from: snowc on September 15, 2021, 02:13:55 PM

It's going to be one or the other. Rain cools things down.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

snowc

Quote from: 1 on September 15, 2021, 02:15:12 PM

The weather folks said its gonna storm, but WRAL said its gonna rain.  :pan:

jakeroot

Quote from: jakeroot on September 15, 2021, 12:42:53 PM

Lovely! However, I don't think your weather has anything to do with my weather :-P

Scott5114

Eh, not necessarily...in Oklahoma, especially in the spring, it's not unusual to have a high of 90 and then have something trigger convection that uses all of that heat as an energy source for a big storm.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

snowc

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 15, 2021, 04:41:42 PM

Eh, not necessarily...in Oklahoma, especially in the spring, it's not unusual to have a high of 90 and then have something trigger convection that uses all of that heat as an energy source for a big storm.
But when is the BIG chill comin in?  :confused: :colorful:

Scott5114

Quote from: snowc on September 15, 2021, 04:42:31 PM

Week of the state fair. Big cold front, with rain too. Never fails.

snowc

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 15, 2021, 04:50:52 PM

When is the state fair?

jakeroot

Quote from: snowc on September 15, 2021, 04:58:25 PM

When is the state fair?

When isn't the state fair!? The state is always having a fair, especially during that time of the year that the state has great weather.

Scott5114

Quote from: snowc on September 15, 2021, 04:58:25 PM

When is the state fair?

Doesn't matter when they put the state fair–the weather is always the same.

This year it starts tomorrow and runs through the 26th. The cold front is forecast for Wednesday the 22nd (highs dipping from 91 on Monday to 78 on Wednesday). Currently only a 20% chance on rain, starting on Tuesday, but there's a week to go for the forecast to change (and three more days after Wednesday for the fair to get rained out).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.