News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

jakeroot

Pretty rigid weather in Okinawa, 85-87 for highs and 80 for lows. Extremely humid. Lots of thunderstorms.

ZLoth

Under a Excessive Heat Warning. DFW heat is different from Sacramento heat... no Sacramento Delta breeze to cool things off in the evening (yes, it can remain at 90℉ at midnight), and sometimes, it accompanied by winds.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

gonealookin

South Lake Tahoe set a record today for lowest high temperature for the date, at 54°F.  The previous record was 55°F on June 19, 1975 and the average high temperature for June 19 is 73°F.  It was actually a nice sunny day but with a chilly wind, and the cold helped get rid of some of the Juneteenth three-day weekend visitors early.  The forecast low for tonight is 29°F, which would not be a record (26°F in 1991).

jgb191

Conditions are remaining considerably above normal for June....highs running about 10-15 degrees above average.  Overnight low temperatures remain in the 80s, while afternoon highs will top out between the mid-100s to approaching 120 degrees in a few places.  Laredo's highest June temperature in its history, 119 degrees, is at risk of being tied or broken either tomorrow or the day after. 

Tropical moisture loads from the Gulf of Mexico are keeping the dew points hovering in the upper 70s to low 80s range practically the whole region.  The result -- the overnight Heat Index will remain in the 90s all over South Texas, and the daytime heat index will range from 118 degrees to as high as 134 degrees.  Kingsville (TX) has topped out near 130 degrees the last six days in a row, and could possibly peak in the low 130s this week.  This is extraordinarily high, even during our hottest average month which is August, our heat index normally hovers only in the 110-115 range, so 130 in June is extremely unusual, maybe even unprecedented.

By the way, tomorrow is the first official day of summer.

ACTUAL                            AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:      107 high; 83 low                    96 high; 78 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:  104 high; 86 low                    95 high; 80 low
LAREDO:                116 high; 82 low                   102 high; 77 low
MCALLEN:              113 high; 81 low                   100 high; 79 low

As for precipitation, nothing significant is anticipated for the rest of this month (but here's hoping the effects TS Bret can bring us some much-needed rainfall and cool-down).
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

ZLoth

I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

gonealookin

Air temperature is in the low 60s at Lake Tahoe on the first day of astronomical summer, with plenty of evidence of meteorological winter still to be seen.

The summit of Mt. Tallac, the high point there, is 9735' ASL.  At the moment the lake level is 6227.96' ASL, so it has 1.14 feet remaining until it reaches the legal maximum of 6229.1'.  It has risen 1.14 feet in about the last four weeks.  The water master at the dam over at Tahoe City has to manage the outflow to keep it at or below 6229.1', no exceptions, so at some point in July there is going to have to be quite a lot of water rushing in the Truckee River through downtown Reno on its way out to Pyramid Lake.

ZLoth

Ted$8roadFan

hotdogPi

First day of the year that feels hot and humid. Past days have either been hot but not humid or have had the rain keep the temperature down. That said, it's only 72° and shouldn't feel bad, but it does (slightly).
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

77 and thunderstorm, very humid

jgb191

Currently in Kingsville where it is 107 degrees with a heat index of 124.

What has been an "Excessive Heat" Warning is being downgraded to just a Heat Advisory as temperatures return closer to normal in this last week of June, albeit still somewhat above average by 5-10 degrees.  Outdoor activities will slowly resume again tomorrow (after being temporarily halted for more than a week), but still use extreme caution during the afternoon.  Dew Points have reduced a little in many places away from the coast, but still remain in the low 70s to low 80s.  Heat Index for today still range from 115 to 125 degrees, and a slightly less tomorrow; and overnight tonight will range in the upper 80s to upper 90s.  Those of you living outside South Texas don't realize how easy your summers are compared to ours.  Maybe we have a higher heat tolerance than the average American, but I think these conditions are bearable; I'll easily take this than some of our winter days.

ACTUAL                            AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:       104 high; 82 low                     97 high; 79 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:   102 high; 84 low                     95 high; 80 low
LAREDO:                112 high; 80 low                   103 high; 78 low
MCALLEN:              108 high; 81 low                     99 high; 79 low
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

ZLoth

Hunty2022

68 and stormy, tons of lightning.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

gonealookin

Today's high temperature at South Lake Tahoe was 67°F, which makes it 290 days since the last time we hit 80°F, on September 9 (82°F).  The high temperature so far in this calendar year was 76°F on May 19; June has failed to make it above 74°F.

It looks like the streak will end at 293 or at most 294 days, as the forecast is in the low 80s for Friday and then the mid 80s over the weekend.

90°F is not too common.  In 2022 there were five days of 90°F or above, with 93°F on September 6 being the hottest day of the year.

ET21

Currently have the worst air quality at least through IQAir site due to Canadian wildfire smoke returning. Otherwise we did get some much needed rainfall on Sunday with more expected later this week, only a minor dent though in our severe drought.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Ted$8roadFan

Cloudy and 76, mixed in with light rain.

Dough4872

64 and rain, has rained almost every day the past week here

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.