News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Road Trip in Illinois

Started by US 41, November 22, 2014, 05:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

Well today was a pretty interesting day as far as driving goes. I started out in Rockville, IN and drove west on US 36 to Tuscola, IL (I-57). When I arrived at I-57 I drove south to Effingham. They haven't really made much progress on the widening project in Effingham, and the S57 to E70 ramp is still closed. From Effingham I drove south on US 45 to Flora, then I went east on US 50 toward Lawrencville. (I actually drove SR 250 whenever it started in Noble to where it ends in Lawrencville.) At SR 1 I went south and went to St. Francisville and drove on the 1 lane toll bridge. The toll was $1 if anyone cares. It was a pretty neat old bridge. On the Indiana side I took some gravel road that eventually turned into pavement and took me to Vincennes. From there I took the bypass and drove 41 back home.

EDIT: The roads in IL are a lot nicer than those in IN. On US 41 (between Vincennes and TH) both the railroad crossings are very rough.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.