News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 29, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
Quote from: djsinco on March 23, 2013, 11:45:27 PM
I elimitanted my voilation.  :ded:

I think most of the voilations are from truck trarffic that needs to be elimitanted

Violation and elimination can both be accomplished rectally.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

6a

I think most of the voilations are from truck trarffic that needs to be elimitanted

Behold...

Central Avenue

I love how they weren't even competent enough to get all the letters on the paper.
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

amroad17

Quote from: 6a on March 30, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

Behold...

From the hme ofiss in Bentonville, AR. :-D
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

formulanone

Who are you to qustion such a quality safty porduct!!Some sort of anttenion-seeking vednor?

Scott5114

I'm confused as to how that sign happened. Most monstrosities of that type are made by some management drone in MS Word, which makes the fact that it somehow came out in Helvetica confusing (since Helvetica isn't installed on Windows by default, and most people that are of sufficient stupidity to make that sign can't change the font to anything other than Comic Sans).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadfro

As to the font on the Walmart sign: I've seen many a sign in many a Walmart styled in this way, with all-caps and similar font. It may be some type of company standard.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

6a

Many moons ago I worked for a discount department store and we had a sign making program where you just filled in the blanks (brand name, compare to price, our price) and it spit out signs in that same font.  There was also a freestyle option that would make one like the one above.

Now the good part.  My wife works for Wal-Mart's home office.  I told her about seeing that thing and she said "well, did you tell someone?"  Yeah, the entire internet :sombrero:

tchafe1978

I work at Walmart. There is a decades-old computer system that Walmrt uses to run its registers, the handhelds, etc. Signs like that are made on a function of that system, and that's how they come out of the printer. If your make the lines of wording too long, it will get cut off. You can make up to 7 lines of text, I believe. However, that is no excuse for the misspelled words and almost incomprehensible wording. Me and some of my co-workers got a good chuckle out of that.

Billy F 1988

Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

kj3400

That's actually excellent by Alanland sntadrads.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

agentsteel53

they misspelled "Wam-Lart"; otherwise I see no problem with the sign.  gorgeous font, too, and the choice of adhesive couldn't be lovelier.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kphoger

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 02, 2013, 12:52:45 PM
they misspelled "Wam-Lart"; otherwise I see no problem with the sign.  gorgeous font, too, and the choice of adhesive couldn't be lovelier.

It's actually Mal Wart.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Takumi

It's actually Pfangle. It's in Alanland, duh.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Central Avenue

Quote from: kphoger on April 02, 2013, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 02, 2013, 12:52:45 PM

It's actually Mal Wart.

Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

Some_Person

On US 22 S in Phillipsburg, NJ

This should say NJ 122

Same error, these should say NJ 173, as the sign in the background in the picture above shows

agentsteel53

Quote from: Some_Person on April 03, 2013, 10:40:11 PM
On US 22 S in Phillipsburg, NJ

This should say NJ 122

is NJ-122 old US-122?

jake@aaroads.com

yakra

Judging by this and this that looks like a negative.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

roadman65

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/8618015268/in/photostream

In this photo that is taken along the Texarkana Beltway that is AR 245 in the Natural State and TX 151 Loop in the Lone Star State  it seems to have the wrong route number at this location.  Here the pull through states the through route is SB AR 245, when in fact it is not.  At this interchange, AR 245 ends and then transitions into TX 151 Loop, so it should say TX 151 Loop (plus direction) to Dallas.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KEK Inc.

Quote from: Some_Person on April 03, 2013, 10:40:11 PM

In some states, I swear, you need to bring binoculars while driving.
Take the road less traveled.

formulanone

Quote from: KEK Inc. on April 05, 2013, 09:40:04 AM
In some states, I swear, you need to bring binoculars while driving.

Quote from: Eth on June 10, 2012, 04:27:35 PM
Or you could always pull a Georgia and put the "banner" inside the shield.  Can't read 3" text at highway speed?  Sucks to be you!

agentsteel53

the ALT is barely, barely passable as a "because Georgia" laugher.

the "over XX,000 lbs" looks like a manufacturing flaw.  I can't even be sure of the first two digits from that photo.

jake@aaroads.com

formulanone

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 05, 2013, 01:42:16 PM
the ALT is barely, barely passable as a "because Georgia" laugher.

the "over XX,000 lbs" looks like a manufacturing flaw.  I can't even be sure of the first two digits from that photo.

I think it says "25,000", from the full-size pic I have (which still is a bit of a guess).

djsinco

It is likely 26,000 lbs., as that is the minimum gross vehicle weight rating requiring the drive to possess a Commercial Driver License. It is a commonly used cutoff point.
3 million miles and counting

kphoger

I'm usually pretty ho-hum about the myriad wrong-shield-shape errors.  But.....what's the "most off" of that type of error?  For example, a county road being signed as an Interstate, or vice versa.  State routes and US routes are so similar that I don't find an error between the two all that surprising.  But what are the ones that are really wrong?
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.