News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your Favorite movie line(s)

Started by Hurricane Rex, September 14, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Rex

Please post your favorite movie line(s) or group of line(s) if you can't pick just one, and cite the movie where it is from.

If I'm need to let out some steam: "We are the borg, lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile." (Star Trek First Contact). https://youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

If I need inspiration: any famous line from the Lord of the Rings.

If I am happy: varies.

LG-TP260

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

roadman

Whenever somebody points out the stupid thing(s) a criminal suspect did (like leaving their cellphone at the scene) that results in them getting caught:

Who said criminals were smart.   -Chief Inspector Daniels, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974 version).
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Rothman

Quote from: roadman on September 14, 2018, 11:31:02 AM
Whenever somebody points out the stupid thing(s) a criminal suspect did (like leaving their cellphone at the scene) that results in them getting caught:

Who said criminals were smart.   -Chief Inspector Daniels, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974 version).
I love the interchange in that movie between the criminals and the subway worker (who unfortunately finds out chutzpah is no match for a carbine).  The movie is sort of a social commentary on 1970s NYC and how it was a pit.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

"Help, Police, murder..."   From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  That line along drew into question if those kids ever survived the factory tour. 

abefroman329

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 14, 2018, 12:17:10 PM
"Help, Police, murder..."   From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  That line along drew into question if those kids ever survived the factory tour.
Also, Wonka's emotionless "don't, stop, come back"  when Mike Teavee ran to shrink himself with Wonka-Vision.

abefroman329

When I'm dealing with general incompetence, either "I didn't know they could stack shit that high"  or "Is that Moron 1? Put Moron 2 on the phone."

NWI_Irish96

"Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jon daly

At work, Airplane, Caddyshack, and Seinfeld (TV) are often quoted. At home, it's The Big Lebowski and Seinfeld.

Brandon

Office Space is always good for a few
"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..." - Milton Waddams

Blazing Saddles
"What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny?" "Make yourself at home?" "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - Jim

The Fifth Element
"Listen lady, I only speak two languages: English and bad English." - Korben Dallas

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
"Did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?" - Harold

Mallrats
"What, like the back of a Volkswagen?" - Multiple different characters

Meatballs
"IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER..."

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles
QuoteCar Rental Agent: Welcome to Marathon. May I help you?
Neal: [indignantly] Yes.
Agent: How may I help you?
Neal: You can start by wiping that fucking dumbass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks. Then you can give me a fucking automobile. A fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick – 4 fucking wheels and a seat!
Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.
Neal: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile at my fucking face. I want a fucking car right fucking now.
Agent: May I see your rental agreement?
Neal: I threw it away.
Agent: Oh, boy.
Neal: "Oh, boy" what?
Agent: You're fucked.
The beauty of this one, the car rental agent is Edie McClurg.

Smokey and the Bandit
"Oh, I love your suits. It must be a bitch finding suits size 68 extra fat and a 12 dwarf." - Bo "Bandit" Darville

Trading Places
"Fuck him! Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on!" - Mortimer Duke

Strange Brew
"I gotta take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Bob McKenzie

Support Your Local Sheriff
"Why do these jaspers always have to hit town at meal time?" - Jason McCullough

UHF
"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly." - Raul Hernandez

And, of course,
Die Hard
"Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker." - John McClane
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

roadman

Quote from: Rothman on September 14, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

I love the interchange in that movie between the criminals and the subway worker (who unfortunately finds out chutzpah is no match for a carbine).  The movie is sort of a social commentary on 1970s NYC and how it was a pit.
Why don't you go grab an aeroplane like everyone else?
Cause we're afraid of flying.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

PHLBOS

Cool Hand Luke

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."
- Captain (Strother Martin)
GPS does NOT equal GOD

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Brandon on September 14, 2018, 02:27:46 PM
UHF
"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly." - Raul Hernandez

My go-to UHF quote is, "Badgers?  Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' badgers."

Especially if a big sporting event involving the University of Wisconsin is imminent.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

MantyMadTown

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 14, 2018, 05:40:06 PM
UHF

Especially if a big sporting event involving the University of Wisconsin is imminent.

You just made an enemy out of me for saying that.
Forget the I-41 haters

roadman65

The whole jail scene in My Cousin Vinny where Vinny first meets Stan.  Stan thinks Vinny is another inmate interested in sodomy, while Vinny thinks Stan is afraid of the consultation and the upcoming trial.  Best line out of it,  Vinny: "Let us take the time to get acquainted before (you know) we get to it.

Then the scene where Vinny arrives late in court wearing that ridiculous burgundy tuxedo pissing the judge (one more time again)off.   Vinny to judge in one line "I wore this ridiculous outfit just fer you."

Oh and Vinny's opening statement at trial " Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.   Everything that other guy said is bullshit, thank you!"
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Throckmorton

From The Last Boy Scout

Proceed with caution

jakeroot

SSOWorld

More Hot Fuzz
*How can this be for the greater good?
*the greater good
*SHUT IT!

Avengers: Infinity War
*Thor (To Star Lord, Mantis, Drax): I bid you good luck and farwell, morons
Any line where Tony Stark nicknames another character.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hotdogPi

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

sparker

A few choice ones from various genres:

from Diamonds Are Forever:
BLOFELD:  "At this moment, my satellite's over Kansas.  If I were to destroy Kansas, the world might not hear about it for years!"

from Body Heat
MATTIE (to NED):  "You're not too smart, are you?  I like that in a man!"

from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
BODY COLLECTOR:  "He must be a king.....he doesn't have shit all over him!"

Actually, one could absolutely fill this thread with great lines from Holy Grail!

MantyMadTown

Quote from: SSOWorld on September 15, 2018, 09:28:48 AM
More Hot Fuzz
*How can this be for the greater good?
*the greater good
*SHUT IT!

Greater good? I am your wife! I'm the greatest good you are ever gonna get!
-from The Incredibles
Forget the I-41 haters

Beltway

Quote from: Rothman on September 14, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

"If you don't do what I tell you, you'll be having dinner tonight with Caz Dolowicz!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQG9Zhv2_I&list=PLZbXA4lyCtqp_dayBM3htOw8ETmxiTKNe&index=8
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

SSOWorld

Quote from: 1 on September 15, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Rushmeister

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman.  He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
- Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

Rothman

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 14, 2018, 05:40:06 PM
UHF

Nothing!  Absolutely nothing!  Stupid!  You're so stupid!

I'm going to club this seal to make a better deal!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Rothman

Quote from: Rushmeister on September 17, 2018, 12:40:47 PM
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman.  He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
- Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Aloha, Mr. Hand.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.