News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Move from Silverdale to San Diego - Day 4

Started by Lytton, March 20, 2013, 01:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lytton

I hit Route 1 once again after waking up in Fort Bragg. I drove Route 1 until I reached Route 128, where I took that road. It went through forested lands and wineries before curving through the mountains. I looked somewhere for a place to eat in Cloverdale, California until I found the greatest BBQ restaurant I've ever been currently. World Famous Hamburger & Bar-Be-Que had great tasting slow-cooked BBQ and bread pudding. Then, I got on US Route 101. Yes, I'm mostly taking this US route to go to San Diego. It was around 3:00 PM by the time I entered the city limits of Santa Rosa. Encountered a bit of a traffic jam after passing under Route 12.

I also prepared myself to pay for the toll on the Golden Gate Bridge and when I was finally on it, it was amazing. Fog covered my car everywhere, making the sights not so useful. But I liked the fog, I paid the toll and I went through the under construction Battery Tunnel that is replacing the old viaduct. Then, I arrived at the hotel I was staying in for the night. The Coventry Motor Inn. It was okay.

One of my relatives visited me in San Francisco. Auntie Hydie and her husband, where they hail from Pleasanton. They actually took the drive to go to San Francisco. I met them and ate dinner with them at Mel's Drive In (which isn't really a drive in by the way). It wasn't very good, then my relatives left and I slept in for the night. Yeah, it was kind of short.
Fuck GPS. I rather use my brain and common sense.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.