News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Old park maps

Started by inkyatari, November 21, 2018, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

A thread I started about old park roads got me thinking about the park maps in my road map collection, and how I don't have any really old ones.  Well, I recently did some searching on google and ebay for old Starved Rock State Park (Utica, IL,) maps, and I won an auction for an old park map and guide from 1940 (Should be arriving Monday), plus I came upon this gem (from a Gizmodo article about a triple murder that occured at the park in 1960)

Anybody else collect old park maps? State, provincial, national, county, whatever?
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Max Rockatansky

I collect National Park maps, some of them have become decently vintage by now.  I have them all hanging up in my garage between highwah shields.  I really like how the NPS in particular has glossed fold out maps for visitors.  Usually I request two copies for each new Park I visit.  BLM maps can be decent too but only if they have visitor centers, otherwise I go for their trail maps. 

Rothman

I have a bunch of NPS unigrids.  I pick one up when I visit a site.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.