News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp the roadgeek

Well, fortunately for me, looks like most of the noreaster stayed to the south of my area.  They were forecasting up to 14" yesterday for my town, but one model had dry air suppressing most of the heavy stuff to the south, and that ended up being the most accurate.  Snow that was supposed to start mid-morning held off till about 5:30 this evening (so much for the early school dismissals, and one city has total egg on its face for cancelling altogether).  As it turns out, they forgot to put the decimal point between the 1 and 4.  Heard parts of Long Island got up to 5 inches in 1 hour from a burst, and NYC area is looking at a foot.  50 miles south and I'd be snowblowing tomorrow morning.  Instead, I already hear melting. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Hurricane Rex

2 nice days are over. Now unseasonably cold (48 as high), snow level dropping to 1000 feet.

LG-TP260

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

ghYHZ

Quote from: ghYHZ on March 14, 2018, 05:52:04 AM
I'm in eastern Nova Scotia. We've had three Nor'easters in about 12 days and each has started with a bit of snow then quickly changed to rain. It will be +3 or 37F today.

But go a little west from here to the Annapolis Valley, Northern Nova Scotia and on up into New Brunswick and they've got a fair amount of snow out of each storm.   

Today.....Just a repeat of last week: That Nor'easter coming up through New England will bring a little snow before changing to rain. This has been quite the winter here. Might have shoveled the driveway 4 0r 5 times...and really not that much snow each time.

Alps

Quote from: Eth on March 21, 2018, 09:59:48 AM
We regret to inform you that spring has been cancelled this year.

F'real, it's only getting above 50 one day in the next 10. March came in like a lamb for one day, a lion for about 20, and is going out as a gazelle or a gnu or some sort of horse-type beast like an okapi.

Eth

The only nice thing I can say about this morning's weather is that it helped me sleep in a bit. Rain and 42 degrees. Overcast with a "high" near 50 both today and tomorrow.

Oh, but there is at least one sign of spring...

Hooray?

Hurricane Rex

I feel bad for all of you out east.

On Thursday We had a small hailstorm that was able to cover our streets and our high school track. Genrally pea sized and lasted for 2 minutes. Now its still 40 and raining (last day though)

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

jakeroot

Some parts of Seattle woke up to snow yesterday. A friend in Arlington (less than an hour north of Seattle) told me that he had 8 inches. That's a lot more than I thought there was, but he also lives close to the mountains which may explain all the snow that other areas didn't see.

As for the rest of Seattle, it's been a pretty dry March. Chance of rain tonight and maybe a few days this week, but it's otherwise quite decent. Mid to upper 50s. More 60 degree temps looking likely within the next 10 days (it was consistently in the 60s and 70s not more than two weeks ago).

webny99

We're forecast to hit 40 tomorrow for the second time since February. It's a bit depressing, but at least it's an improvement  :-P

ET21

The cut off snow line was insane for parts of the Midwest this weekend.
https://twitter.com/reubenlidster/status/977923953070170114

There were farmers that had one end of their field buried in a foot of snow, and the other end had nothing!!!!!!
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Eth

OK, now spring is truly here, just a week late. Partly cloudy and 74 degrees now just after lunchtime, likely getting into the upper 70s later this afternoon. Extended forecast for the next several days shows highs floating within a few degrees of 70, right where we should be for the end of March/beginning of April. Mostly dry except for a few storms set to roll through tomorrow night.

Hurricane Rex

Getting some dry weather (for now) yet models are still crazy about tomorrow though. All uave us in the upper 50s or low 60s bit some are mostly sunny while a few are rainy

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

jflick99

We had a white Easter in Kansas City today. Winter decided to reappear after a month-long hiatus. We had t-shirt and shorts weather two weeks ago, and we hadn't had any snow since late February. Without knowing I took this pic today, I would have guessed this was taken January 1 instead of April 1.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: jflick99 on April 01, 2018, 10:59:47 PM
We had a white Easter in Kansas City today. Winter decided to reappear after a month-long hiatus. We had t-shirt and shorts weather two weeks ago, and we hadn't had any snow since late February. Without knowing I took this pic today, I would have guessed this was taken January 1 instead of April 1.

Same storm hitting parts of the East Coast tomorrow with about 3-5".  The Winter That Never Ends continues, and now they're talking a bigger storm next weekend that may be snow.  Baseball and golf season is opening around here, not ski and hockey season.  At this rate, we're looking at a white Memorial Day.   :verymad:
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

jeffandnicole

Snowing here in South Jersey this morning.  After a 65 degree Easter yesterday, and the forecasters constantly saying the snow wouldn't stick to the roads, the snow stuck rather quickly this morning.  My direction was slow and steady in the way to work, but there were a few spinouts into signs and guardrails on the other side of the road.

hotdogPi

Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 02, 2018, 09:11:28 AM
Snowing here in South Jersey this morning.  After a 65 degree Easter yesterday, and the forecasters constantly saying the snow wouldn't stick to the roads, the snow stuck rather quickly this morning.  My direction was slow and steady in the way to work, but there were a few spinouts into signs and guardrails on the other side of the road.

Snowing here too. It hasn't started sticking yet, but it hasn't been long enough.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Eth

The pollen in Atlanta is thick as snow, with temperatures to match. Already up around 70, looking at highs near 80 both today and tomorrow.

A cold front Wednesday morning should knock us back down into the 60s for the rest of the week, then the weekend is a complete question mark, with the forecast wildly gyrating between partly cloudy/65-70 and all-day rain and barely reaching...50? Nah, that's for April 7, I must have clicked on the wrong city.

kkt

We had some of everything yesterday:  drizzle (of course), rain, a dusting of snow, hail a couple of times, lightning, even a little sunbreak in the early afternoon.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on April 02, 2018, 11:46:52 AM
We had some of everything yesterday:  drizzle (of course), rain, a dusting of snow, hail a couple of times, lightning, even a little sunbreak in the early afternoon.

I was wondering if that shelf cloud I could see from the south end was actually including lightning. That cold front yesterday was definitely brutal enough to produce some. Totally sunny after about 3:30 down here yesterday, but light rain preceding that. Felt like about 33!

Hot Rod Hootenanny

2 3/4 inches of rain today with all the fronts today.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jflick99

Quote from: jflick99 on April 01, 2018, 10:59:47 PM

UPDATE: Winter is back for another round. It's 66° today, and there is at least a 50% chance of snow from 3pm to midnight tomorrow. it'll be 14°  by Saturday morning.

Hurricane Rex

55 mph gusts possible Saturday, and raining otherwise. Only dry day is Monday.

Running till I die.

adventurernumber1

It looks like Spring has once again canceled its reservations for this year. My family and I left Hilton Head Island, SC today (we took a trip there for the past few days) to go back home. We stopped on the Awkright Rd. exit off I-75 in Macon, GA, and I was surprised to feel how cold the air and wind felt. Now as I have just arrived back home in Dalton, GA, it is even colder. Here, tonight, the low is 31 degrees, and it feels like 28 degrees. It will be quite windy until the morning. This was definitely sudden and unexpected, at least for me. There must have been a large cold front that came through to cause this while I was gone.  :-o
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

index

It's snowing in April in the South. Never seen this before. It's light, not accumulating, and mixed in with a little rain at times, but nonetheless, snow in April, in the South, in the Piedmont. Pretty rare.

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

MNHighwayMan

It's 30°F, but otherwise clear with some clouds. My buddies further north are getting some winter weather right now, though. I'm torn between being relieved of the burden that weather causes, and being jealous because Iowa weather is too tame for my tastes this time of year. I like the unpredictability of Upper Midwest weather in early April. :)

webny99

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 08, 2018, 03:30:36 AM
I like the unpredictability of Upper Midwest weather in early April. :)

You want unpredictable?
Try Upstate New York. Every day since Thursday (four consecutive days) has had accumulating snow, melting snow, and sunny breaks at random intervals.

I'm all for a good snow, but I'm ready for spring. The sun is just too strong for snow to stick around anyways. We got as much sun today as we will on Labor Day, and snow on Labor Day is unheard of. Heck, last year mid-September was still beach weather!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.