News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AR 220 Finally Paved

Started by US71, March 30, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

ARDOT has finally finished paving AR 220 between Lee Creek and Devils Den State Park It looks like it was just finished in the last week or two. Crews were out today putting up guardrails, but the road hasn't been striped yet, nor are there many signs. The new bridge over Ellis Creek is still closed off, forcing motorists to use the old one-lane bridge
The pavement also looks thin and cheap, so I don't know if they will add another layer. The first section paved just north of Lee Creek has already been patched in several places.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on March 30, 2018, 08:14:34 PM
ARDOT has finally finished paving AR 220 between Lee Creek and Devils Den State Park It looks like it was just finished in the last week or two. Crews were out today putting up guardrails, but the road hasn't been striped yet, nor are there many signs. The new bridge over Ellis Creek is still closed off, forcing motorists to use the old one-lane bridge
The pavement also looks thin and cheap, so I don't know if they will add another layer. The first section paved just north of Lee Creek has already been patched in several places.
The paving 255 received has to be only about two and a half years now and it is already back to shit and the Department told me it should last upwards of 10 to 20 years! So, I wouldn't put it past'em.

iPhone
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on March 30, 2018, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: US71 on March 30, 2018, 08:14:34 PM
The paving 255 received has to be only about two and a half years now and it is already back to shit and the Department told me it should last upwards of 10 to 20 years! So, I wouldn't put it past'em.

iPhone

"Lowest bidder"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.