News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Canadian MUTCD???

Started by Henry, April 26, 2024, 11:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

I think our friends from north of the border would know the answer to this, but is there an online/PDF version of their MUTCD, similar to the American one? I've Googled it and found nothing so far.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

LilianaUwU

I know the Québec equivalent (Tome V) exists, but it's hundreds of dollars, unless you, uh, sail the seven seas.

With that said, I can't say I ever heard of a Canadian MUTCD, mostly because provinces do their own thing even though they are relatively similar most of the time.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

J N Winkler

Quote from: Henry on April 26, 2024, 11:16:38 PMI think our friends from north of the border would know the answer to this, but is there an online/PDF version of their MUTCD, similar to the American one? I've Googled it and found nothing so far.

The Transportation Association of Canada--a loose equivalent to AASHTO--publishes the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Canada.  Unlike its counterparts in the US and many other countries, it is not made available free of charge.

https://www.tac-atc.ca/en/publications-and-resources/mutcdc

As LilianaUwU notes, provinces tend to have their own design references for traffic signing.  Some make them available free of charge, while others do not.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.