News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Not as cold, I could wear a lighter jacket today.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Interstate 69 Fan

Rain in the forecast for right now, but its not raining...

?!?!
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

jakeroot

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 30, 2017, 02:51:53 PM
Rain in the forecast for right now, but its not raining...

?!?!

I've never seen a weather forecast that was genuinely accurate down to the minute. I'd recommend checking the radar for real-time data.

kkt

Heavy overcast, with occasional rain.

Roadgeekteen

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

Does a temperature alone really count as "weather"? If someone asked me what the weather was outside, I wouldn't say "45", I'd say "rainy and chilly" (or whatever). If someone asked me what the temperature was, that'd be a different story.

kkt

Quote from: jakeroot on December 02, 2017, 05:47:43 PM
Does a temperature alone really count as "weather"? If someone asked me what the weather was outside, I wouldn't say "45", I'd say "rainy and chilly" (or whatever). If someone asked me what the temperature was, that'd be a different story.

Yes.

Seattle:  low heavy dark grey clouds from horizon to horizon.  Intermittent rain.

vdeane

Thread title: What's your weather currently?
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 02, 2017, 04:58:12 PM

I guess the mice don't need Earth any more.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeekteen

kkt

Quote from: vdeane on December 02, 2017, 10:04:53 PM
Thread title: What's your weather currently?
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 02, 2017, 04:58:12 PM
I guess the mice don't need Earth any more.

:clap:

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 02, 2017, 10:47:38 PM
I don't get it.

Put the computer down and go get yourself a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

Roadgeekteen

Hurricane Rex

Considering I'm a weather geek in addition to a road geek, and being a new member, this may be a daily occurrence for me to post here. Today in Sherwood: 48 and partly cloudy and some rain showers.

Please warn me if I get too technical with my posts here, especially if snow hits.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 04, 2017, 01:55:23 AM
Considering I'm a weather geek in addition to a road geek, and being a new member, this may be a daily occurrence for me to post here. Today in Sherwood: 48 and partly cloudy and some rain showers.

Please warn me if I get too technical with my posts here, especially if snow hits.

There is another member who posts in this thread almost every day, but he gives very little information; sometimes he just gives a 2-digit number referring to the temperature. Most other people only post unusual events.

Every day may be a bit too often, but going into detail is preferred, compared to giving a bare minimum.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

index

I am eagerly anticipating Friday, because the high is 43 and the low is 31, and it'll be rainy throughout the day. I get out of school (although I won't escape the work) and I get to enjoy my favorite weather. Today is mild. Mid sixties for a high and mid forties for a low.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: 1 on December 04, 2017, 06:09:30 AM
Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 04, 2017, 01:55:23 AM

There is another member who posts in this thread almost every day, but he gives very little information; sometimes he just gives a 2-digit number referring to the temperature. Most other people only post unusual events.

Every day may be a bit too often, but going into detail is preferred, compared to giving a bare minimum.

Understood, and considering the next week will be 45, east wind, and sunny, its probably wise for me to wait until the weather gets a little more interesting. When it does get interesting, I'll try to post it in more detail. Again, I have a habit of speaking too technically in this subject.

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

High of 45 today and sunny. Rain coming up which really sucks. I need to walk 5 times a week for a boy scout requirement and I HATE the rain!  :angry:

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 04, 2017, 05:11:52 PM
High of 45 today and sunny. Rain coming up which really sucks. I need to walk 5 times a week for a boy scout requirement and I HATE the rain!  :angry:

Try my running schedule in the same weather: 6 days a week, 4 mile on easy day, 15 mile on distance day not to mention races.

I feel your pain. You just need to push through it though

Running till I die.

ET21

30 degree temperature drop in 7 hours. After almost breaking a record high for Dec 4th in Chicago as highs pushed into the 60s, it's now 31 with a wind chill of 17 amid 40-50 mph wind gusts
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on December 02, 2017, 06:08:04 PM
Does a temperature alone really count as "weather"?

Yes.

I disagree. "Weather" is defined by Merriam-Webster as "the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness".

Note that temperature is just one part of the system.

kkt

Quote from: jakeroot on December 05, 2017, 03:00:12 PM
Yes.
I disagree. "Weather" is defined by Merriam-Webster as "the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness".

I'm sorry, I was unclear.  I was agreeing with the second part of your post, which you omitted from the quote:

If someone asked me what the weather was outside, I wouldn't say "45", I'd say "rainy and chilly" (or whatever). If someone asked me what the temperature was, that'd be a different story.

Today's weather here:  clear, bright sun, a little chilly now, expect ice tonight.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on December 05, 2017, 03:42:45 PM
Yes.

I'm sorry, I was unclear.  I was agreeing with the second part of your post, which you omitted from the quote:

If someone asked me what the weather was outside, I wouldn't say "45", I'd say "rainy and chilly" (or whatever). If someone asked me what the temperature was, that'd be a different story.

I was worried about that when I clipped that part of the quote, but I couldn't quite figure out how you could respond "yes" to something that wasn't a question :-D (so I just assumed you were responding to the first sentence).

That said, this is a forum. So one-word responses such as "YES" or "THIS" aren't uncommon ways to agree with someone, and I should know better.

hotdogPi

Quote from: jakeroot on December 05, 2017, 04:57:48 PM
Yes.

I was worried about that when I clipped that part of the quote, but I couldn't quite figure out how you could respond "yes" to something that wasn't a question :-D (so I just assumed you were responding to the first sentence).

That said, this is a forum. So one-word responses such as "YES" or "THIS" aren't uncommon ways to agree with someone, and I should know better.

There was only one question in that sentence. Responding "yes" is assumed to be an answer to that question.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kkt

Quote from: 1 on December 05, 2017, 04:59:23 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on December 05, 2017, 04:57:48 PM
Yes.

There was only one question in that sentence. Responding "yes" is assumed to be an answer to that question.

But "yes" can be agreeing with something that was phrased as a statement.  Nevertheless, I apologize again.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.