News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Houston: Builder selected for Grand Parkway F-G

Started by MaxConcrete, September 28, 2012, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyg1985

Widening at the locations where there is just a median barrier may be more difficult depending on how much ROW was acquired initially.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Perfxion

Developments are in patches. But there are wide areas of emptiness. They won't need 3 lanes everywhere, yet. But they got room for it. Plus room for stubs and extra lanes for direct connecting SH249 and I-45. But currently, one can get from the Outlet malls(US290) in Cypress to the Woodlands mall(I-45) in the Woodlands in about 25 mins. Which used to be about an hour.
5/10/20/30/15/35/37/40/44/45/70/76/78/80/85/87/95/
(CA)405,(NJ)195/295(NY)295/495/278/678(CT)395(MD/VA)195/495/695/895

The Ghostbuster

This is where discussion of the Grand Parkway should be, not on the I-69 in TX thread.

Chris

MaxConcrete

The guide signs on the new section G approaching US 59/ IH 69 do not even mention US 59. I suppose TxDOT is trying to convince everyone to start thinking of US 59/IH 69 as IH 69.

I posted driving tour photos of section G on the existing web page, you'll need to scroll way down to find the photos taken on April 3.
http://houstonfreeways.com/photos/grand-parkway-section-f

No mention of US 59.

No mention of US 59.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Chris

Great photos. They seem to have preserved space for future frontage roads.

I was looking at the segment H / I-1 schematics, they don't have frontage roads anywhere.

The US 90 interchange is planned as a partial cloverleaf (probably due to the railroad). Is this interchange type used anywhere else in Houston?

Perhaps we should start a thread about segment H / I-1. According to the Grand Parkway Association, construction could start within one year.

AsphaltPlanet

Thanks for these photos.  It looks like an interesting, albeit minimalist (by Texas standards at least) road.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

DNAguy

Quote from: Chris on April 04, 2016, 09:38:32 AM
Great photos. They seem to have preserved space for future frontage roads.

I was looking at the segment H / I-1 schematics, they don't have frontage roads anywhere.

The US 90 interchange is planned as a partial cloverleaf (probably due to the railroad). Is this interchange type used anywhere else in Houston?

Perhaps we should start a thread about segment H / I-1. According to the Grand Parkway Association, construction could start within one year.

I believe that a partial cloverleaf interchange exists at Spur10 and Alt 90 west of Rosenberg.

nolia_boi504

Quote from: MaxConcrete on April 03, 2016, 11:37:42 PM
The guide signs on the new section G approaching US 59/ IH 69 do not even mention US 59. I suppose TxDOT is trying to convince everyone to start thinking of US 59/IH 69 as IH 69.

I'm a 5 year old transplant to Houston, so I lived through the transition from US59 to IH69. Is it a concern for long time Houstonians that the US59 tags are being dropped? How is this different from the US90/IH10 concurrent segments not being tagged with the US90 badge? IH45/US75 is a similar situation as well, I believe. I guess not having a major history or sentiment for US59, I'm more inclined to accept the full transition to IH69. Personally I'd like to solely see IH69 signs all over the city.

MaxConcrete

Two videos on YouTube

This one shows the opening ceremony, with most local and state transportation officials in attendance. Elyse Lanier (wife of late Bob Lanier) is visible at the ribbon cutting.

TxDOT video, shows comments from political officials
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Chris

There is severe flooding going on in the Houston area.

This is SH 99 / Grand Parkway, reportedly near FM 2920.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.