News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 05:58:09 PM
All of a sudden, Jayden Daniels doesn't appear headed to Landover after whatever that quarterback visit was.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by formulanone - Today at 05:51:27 PM
County Road 395 near Section, Alabama:

Mid-Atlantic / Re: West Virginia Turnpike
Last post by thenetwork - Today at 05:32:01 PM
Would it be such a bad idea to mothball the Cheylan Toll Barrier altogether and split that toll between the remaining barriers either side of Beckley?

For one reason, it's an easy and quick way to shunpike it for most, and most locals are already not paying to ride that particular stretch anyways.

And for those who purchase the annual transponder plan which allows unlimited rides, a 3rd barrier is a moot point anyway.

Plus most Turnpike non-local traffic passes thru Beckley whether they come in from US-19, I-68 or from either end of I-77. So everyone would hit at least one toll barrier regardless.
Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by wriddle082 - Today at 05:28:18 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on Today at 01:53:51 PMIs the proposal to renumber a portion of NC 42 to NC 36 set in stone? I haven't seen anything on whether or not the proposal was approved. Did I miss something?

I wanna say it's been mentioned in either the North Carolina or I-42 threads.  It's going to happen in order to alleviate confusion with I-42.
Southeast / Re: I-55 Bridge in Memphis
Last post by wriddle082 - Today at 05:23:39 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 12:34:46 PMGood deal! I watched the video and there are renderings in it. Your wording did confuse me a bit about the number of travel lanes added. It looks the bridge will have 3 lanes each way with two being GP lanes and one being an auxiliary lane. I'm guessing the third auxiliary lane will exit at Crump BLVD.

Yes I'm assuming that's the case.  Extending the third lane further south would be very messy, since 55 run in a concrete canyon for a couple of miles.  And Arkansas likely won't extend that third lane much past the first exit, since ultimately there is a duplex with 40 up ahead.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: West Virginia Turnpike
Last post by GCrites - Today at 04:53:47 PM
I can't really count how many daily full stoppages there are in Columbus and Cincinnati. It's a lot. Columbus even gets bad on weekends -- especially during football season. Not just before and after the game but on Sundays too since people have to push all their errands back to that day.
Quote from: jeffandnicole on Today at 02:44:02 PM
Quote from: Alps on Today at 12:39:29 PMThere's a Pirates game the Friday night before that I would happily attend. I've heard the park is a wonderful experience. If anyone wants to join me please text, email or otherwise drop me a line so we can get tickets together!

It's doubtful I'll make it to this meet, but you heard right. If you or others can take in a game here, do so. And upper deck seating between 1st and 3rd will give you a wonderful view of the bridges, river and city skyline.

Also, Fatheads beer has a large gazebo-type bar area behind left-center field. One of my favorite breweries.

Between 1st and 3rd?
Off-Topic / Re: 911 outage reported across...
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 04:27:18 PM
Didn't we have a mass cellular service outage just earlier this year???
Mid-South / Re: AR Highway 612
Last post by MikieTimT - Today at 04:23:38 PM
ARDOT broke ground on two major construction projects Wednesday

If the local news folks are to be believed, the western leg finishes in 2026 and the leg between I-49 and AR-265 starts mid-2026, so the eastside folks should start to see the light (and red dirt) in a couple of years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.