Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Cleveland Opportunity Corridor

<< < (2/20) > >>

Brandon:

--- Quote from: thenetwork on June 03, 2014, 12:02:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: exit10 on June 03, 2014, 12:29:53 AM ---I've seen worse ideas, I guess. If the point was just to get suburbanites to Case, the Clinic, and museums faster, they should have just said so. The rhetoric of economic revitalization via road construction in an area that is so far gone is comical at best and horribly disingenuous at worst.

When the road opens, they're not literally going to call it "The Opportunity Corridor," are they? Being an intra-city route, it probably won't get a number.

--- End quote ---

Knowing Cleveland, the new road will ultimately be limited to a very low speed limit with speed &/or red light cameras at every other intersection...That's where the "Opportunity Corridor" name kicks in!

--- End quote ---

Their opportunity...to fleece you.

thenetwork:

--- Quote from: exit10 on June 03, 2014, 12:29:53 AM ---When the road opens, they're not literally going to call it "The Opportunity Corridor," are they? Being an intra-city route, it probably won't get a number.

--- End quote ---

It would be nice if ODOT moved SR-87's alignment onto the OC between Buckeye Road and the I-77/I-490 stack, if only for the sake of guiding unfamiliar motorists the quickest way from just south and west of downtown to University Circle, Shaker Heights and points east (and avoiding most of the ghetto of the near-east side).  There is really no sense in having SR-87 in a triple-plex along Woodland/Orange Avenue with US-422 and SR-8 all the way to Public Square.  In fact, it was only about 10 years ago when ODOT finally re-recognized and re-signed SR-87 along the 422/8 duplex (while at the same time, replacing the last of the old cut-out shields in the Cleveland area).

exit10:

--- Quote from: thenetwork on June 03, 2014, 05:21:53 PM ---It would be nice if ODOT moved SR-87's alignment onto the OC between Buckeye Road and the I-77/I-490 stack
--- End quote ---

Or better yet, why not make the whole thing US 322? But your point stands about WAY too many routes ending at Public Square.

thenetwork:

--- Quote from: exit10 on June 06, 2014, 12:20:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: thenetwork on June 03, 2014, 05:21:53 PM ---It would be nice if ODOT moved SR-87's alignment onto the OC between Buckeye Road and the I-77/I-490 stack
--- End quote ---

Or better yet, why not make the whole thing US 322? But your point stands about WAY too many routes ending at Public Square.

--- End quote ---

And the majority of the routes which run south and east of Public Square past the Innerbelt either don't have direct, convenient access to the Innerbelt or are not even signed on the interstate for the convenience of drivers.

Buck87:
Here's a video on this ODOT posted this week

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LwzkELlDuI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version