Regional Boards > Ohio Valley

Coalfields Expressway

<< < (34/34)

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: GCrites80s on September 09, 2021, 08:46:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: SP Cook on September 09, 2021, 09:31:57 AM ---

- The turnpike toll booths, southbound, are overwhelmed on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (which says a lot about a lot)

--- End quote ---

The shift of native West Virginian migration patterns from Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh to North Carolina (especially Charlotte) instead over the past 30+ years.

--- End quote ---

Not just West Virginia, but those areas of the Rust Belt that I-77 serves where Buckeyes have moved south but return back north for holidays.

Kind of in reverse of what Kentucky does, where people moved north but come back south for special occasions.

seicer:
During random summer days (weekdays even), I had to sit and wait at the southernmost toll plaza on the Turnpike for at least 20 minutes or more just to clear the EZ-Pass only lanes (which were backed up because you have to go 5 MPH through it).

GCrites80s:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 09, 2021, 09:05:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: GCrites80s on September 09, 2021, 08:46:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: SP Cook on September 09, 2021, 09:31:57 AM ---

- The turnpike toll booths, southbound, are overwhelmed on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (which says a lot about a lot)

--- End quote ---

The shift of native West Virginian migration patterns from Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh to North Carolina (especially Charlotte) instead over the past 30+ years.

--- End quote ---

Not just West Virginia, but those areas of the Rust Belt that I-77 serves where Buckeyes have moved south but return back north for holidays.

Kind of in reverse of what Kentucky does, where people moved north but come back south for special occasions.

--- End quote ---

The Research Triangle and NC schoolteaching jobs are big magnets for Rustbelters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version