News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2024 List of Potential Road Meets

Started by A.J. Bertin, October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyg1985

I am debating having a mini meet in Atlanta sometime early in 2024 which will feature the I-285/GA 400 interchange as well as the I-85/285 interchange if there is any interest.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

74/171FAN

Quote from: codyg1985 on December 06, 2023, 03:25:04 PM
I am debating having a mini meet in Atlanta sometime early in 2024 which will feature the I-285/GA 400 interchange as well as the I-85/285 interchange if there is any interest.

That would be hard to pass up, especially if baseball has started by the time of the meet.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

codyg1985

One thought I had was to hold this kind of in conjunction with Dan's meet in New Orleans by holding this on a Friday 2/16 in case there was anyone driving down from north and east to get to New Orleans. I'd have to host something mid morning ending by noon or so if we went with this Friday option.

Or I could deconflict and host this earlier in February or maybe late February/early March.

Thoughts?
Cody Goodman

SSOWorld

Quote from: codyg1985 on December 06, 2023, 03:35:00 PM
One thought I had was to hold this kind of in conjunction with Dan's meet in New Orleans by holding this on a Friday 2/16 in case there was anyone driving down from north and east to get to New Orleans. I'd have to host something mid morning ending by noon or so if we went with this Friday option.

Or I could deconflict and host this earlier in February or maybe late February/early March.

Thoughts?
Sadly, my direction will be from the due north - though if my thoughts are true, the route may include an drive east to pick up the I-10 gap from Slidel to Moble...>

and I-22.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Brandon

Quote from: SSOWorld on December 06, 2023, 07:32:41 PM

Thoughts?
Sadly, my direction will be from the due north - though if my thoughts are true, the route may include an drive east to pick up the I-10 gap from Slidel to Moble...>

and I-22.

As my direction will be the same with a bit of back and forth in Mississippi.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

codyg1985

Thoughts?

So this idea is now a no-go for me since my wife has a prior commitment that weekend anyway.

I'm leaning towards hosting either 2/24 or 3/2.
Cody Goodman

SSOWorld

Quote from: Brandon on December 06, 2023, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on December 06, 2023, 07:32:41 PM

Thoughts?

and I-22.

As my direction will be the same with a bit of back and forth in Mississippi.
lest I must say I'll get my first major US Route - 61 - in full.  I wanted to get 51, but a section of it is closed.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

dlsterner

Quote from: Rothman on October 17, 2023, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on October 17, 2023, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: Rothman on October 17, 2023, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Alps on October 17, 2023, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Laura on October 17, 2023, 10:14:14 AM
CPZ has talked for years about putting together a Smith Island/Tangier Island Meet and I would love for this to be the year...

yes i want this to be the year.
I want the cake.
The cake is a lie!
Nah.  I have had the cake and it is delicious.
If this comes to be, I may make this my first meet attended!  And I've also had Smith Island cake - and yes it's delicious.

codyg1985

Quote from: codyg1985 on December 06, 2023, 03:25:04 PM

I have made my decision that the Atlanta mini meet will be held on Saturday, 3/2. More details, including restaurant info, will be forthcoming.
Cody Goodman

SSOWorld

2024 is practically upon us, stickying.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Brandon

Quote from: SSOWorld on December 28, 2023, 09:22:46 AM
2024 is practically upon us, stickying.

Just a mere 79 hours and 44 minutes away at this point, in this time zone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Laura

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AM

• Berkeley Springs WV (?) - late summer

I just set the date for this on my and Mike's 11th Wedding Anniversary on August 17th!!!

vdeane

I'm considering hosting a Brattleboro mini-meet in late October/early November, assuming the new route 119 bridge is open by then.  Additional features would include the I-91 bridges over the West River, the VT/NH 9 bridges, and a couple covered bridges nearby.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

Quote from: vdeane on March 08, 2024, 12:48:22 PM
I'm considering hosting a Brattleboro mini-meet in late October/early November, assuming the new route 119 bridge is open by then.  Additional features would include the I-91 bridges over the West River, the VT/NH 9 bridges, and a couple covered bridges nearby.

Crazily enough, I still have never gone Vermonting.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

jpi

Steph and I Vermonted back in August 2022 on our way to and from Maine, have not been back since but I have now clinched all Vermont counties too
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

okroads

I've scheduled Austin, TX for November 2.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Now that Brandon has chosen his date for Michigan City, and Laura is doing a get-together in the middle of August...
I'll hold the Indianapolis meet on June 29th.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 19, 2024, 12:31:36 PM
Now that Brandon has chosen his date for Michigan City, and Laura is doing a get-together in the middle of August...

Just as an FYI, the Extra-Miler Club's annual meeting is also taking place on June 29.
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on March 20, 2024, 06:43:25 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 19, 2024, 12:31:36 PM

Just as an FYI, the Extra-Miler Club's annual meeting is also taking place on June 29.
Duly noted.
(Unbeknownst to me, Extra-Milers Club is meeting in Lansing, Michigan the same day)
Other than Brian Reynolds, and maybe Laura, I don't know any other active members of the EMC.
Then again, I've seldom noticed other members within "our community" that has attended any road culture conferences (Extra Miler, Roadmap collector, Lincoln Highway, Jefferson Highway, Covered/Historic Bridges).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on March 20, 2024, 06:43:25 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 21, 2024, 08:12:19 PM
Duly noted.
(Unbeknownst to me, Extra-Milers Club is meeting in Lansing, Michigan the same day)
Other than Brian Reynolds, and maybe Laura, I don't know any other active members of the EMC.
Then again, I've seldom noticed other members within "our community" that has attended any road culture conferences (Extra Miler, Roadmap collector, Lincoln Highway, Jefferson Highway, Covered/Historic Bridges).

I've never attended an EMC annual meeting, but it's something I've been intrigued about for a long time.  I'll be taking advantage of how close this year's annual meeting is to where I live... and so I'm planning on attending the meeting that day.  But I'm sure you'll still have a decent turnout at the Indy meet.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

cl94

Reno is set for September 21. Too early to know what weather/air quality will look like, but it will likely be dry. Expect a ton of Lincoln Highway on the tour.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.