Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Trouble accessing forum

<< < (7/8) > >>

SSOWorld:
The reason the smileys don't exist in the Quick Reply box is because they were part of a plug-in for the forum software - a plug-in I don't wish to see installed since it had many bugs (including the quote problem)

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Master son on November 28, 2009, 09:35:29 PM ---The reason the smileys don't exist in the Quick Reply box is because they were part of a plug-in for the forum software - a plug-in I don't wish to see installed since it had many bugs (including the quote problem)

--- End quote ---

This is pretty much in one form or another why most of the missing things were removed. We wanted to ensure that potential vectors for attack are minimized. The more themes, extensions, and plugins we have installed, the greater the chances of one of them being not thoroughly reviewed for security and thus allowing the crackers re-entry.

mightyace:
What happened today?

I see there were no posts between approximately 12:30 and 8:30pm EST plus I was not able to access the site during that time.

Alps:

--- Quote from: mightyace on December 09, 2009, 08:48:46 PM ---What happened today?

I see there were no posts between approximately 12:30 and 8:30pm EST plus I was not able to access the site during that time.

--- End quote ---

Server was rebooted.  Problem solved for now.  Remember folks, when AARoads Forum is down, first check to see if AARoads itself is down - before you panic about the forum.  Because the site won't be down for very long if it is.

mightyace:

--- Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 09, 2009, 08:59:31 PM ---Server was rebooted.  Problem solved for now.  Remember folks, when AARoads Forum is down, first check to see if AARoads itself is down - before you panic about the forum.  Because the site won't be down for very long if it is.

--- End quote ---

Thanks,

I did check that and that's how I knew it was more than the forum.  (I tried periodically from 3:30pm EST until 8:30pm EST until I could access it again.)

If one of us notices AAroads.com or the forum is down, should we email someone?  If so, who at what address?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version