Regional Boards > Northeast

I-95 Delaware River Scudder Falls bridge replacement (toll?)

<< < (2/39) > >>

Nexis4Jersey:
Well this would put more cars onto the small non-tolled Trusses bridges in the area , or it could lead to more Rail Commuting on the 2 lines that Service the Area. 

froggie:
Depends on how people value their time.  Several of the small non-tolled bridges are a pain in the tail to get to.  People will pay a resonable toll if it means avoiding those narrow, time-consuming roads.

Alps:

--- Quote from: froggie on December 26, 2009, 09:07:50 AM ---Depends on how people value their time.  Several of the small non-tolled bridges are a pain in the tail to get to.  People will pay a resonable toll if it means avoiding those narrow, time-consuming roads.

--- End quote ---

The US 1 "free" bridge has been set up to be difficult to get to SB and avoid the toll - the last exit doesn't allow left turns.  Calhoun St. is easier to find but more time-consuming.  Next bridge up is Washington's Crossing, which doesn't make sense for many travelers.

Alex:
I don't think any less traffic will use the bridge if it is tolled. The free alternatives are narrow and harder to access as others have pointed out. Its unfortunate though because I always favored the I-95 span because of the lack of a fee...

Chris:
O.K., I didn't know the US 1 bridge was tolled. It sounded to good to be true in the first place ;)

If the US 1 bridge was toll free, it would be much easier to avoid tolls on I-95. (except when you're living very close to the bridge, and the detour becomes too long).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version