Regional Boards > Ohio Valley

West Virginia (excuding Eastern Panhandle)

<< < (28/36) > >>

ARMOURERERIC:
Just had it hit my news feed that WVDot has awarded the 6 laning of I79 MP132-135.

SP Cook:
New River Gorge National Park and Preserve signed.

A West Virginia Division of Highways sign crew has been busy this week installing more than 80 signs directing visitors to the newly designated New River Gorge National Park and Preserve. 🌳 💧 pic.twitter.com/Kws4d3rTgJ— WVDOT (@WVDOT) July 30, 2021
--- End quote ---

Rothman:

--- Quote from: SP Cook on July 31, 2021, 01:47:27 PM ---New River Gorge National Park and Preserve signed.

A West Virginia Division of Highways sign crew has been busy this week installing more than 80 signs directing visitors to the newly designated New River Gorge National Park and Preserve. 🌳 💧 pic.twitter.com/Kws4d3rTgJ— WVDOT (@WVDOT) July 30, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Saw the new welcome sign at the Canyon Rim Visitor Center this past Tuesday.

Really don't know what the site is preserving.  It still operates like a National Recreation Area.

Bitmapped:

--- Quote from: Rothman on July 31, 2021, 04:24:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: SP Cook on July 31, 2021, 01:47:27 PM ---New River Gorge National Park and Preserve signed.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Saw the new welcome sign at the Canyon Rim Visitor Center this past Tuesday.

Really don't know what the site is preserving.  It still operates like a National Recreation Area.

--- End quote ---

New River Gorge was a National River before. Gauley River is the one that is a National Recreation Area.

The National Park and Preserve designation comes from different uses for different parts of the NPS land. A handful of areas (mostly around the New River Gorge Bridge, Thurmond, and a couple other spots) are treated as National Park with all of the associated restrictions. The preserve designation applies to most of the gorge and allows things like hunting, which is banning in the park area.

ARMOURERERIC:
So I was coming back from Pittsburgh  to hickory yesterday, saw the US 52 work.  Where will the new endpoint be.  Will 52 be rerouted as to connect North of Bluefield.  Are their even the earliest inkling of the current work being extended.  I saw that the old graded ramps at 460 have asphalt paving and new lighting fixtures  are installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version