Regional Boards > Ohio Valley

West Virginia (excuding Eastern Panhandle)

<< < (2/30) > >>

Buck87:

--- Quote from: mgk920 on March 10, 2018, 12:39:03 AM ---
Speaking of that area, what is the current prognosis for that uncompleted gap in OH 7 across the river from Huntington, WV?

--- End quote ---

It's known as the Chesapeake Bypass Phase 2, and while it does appear on Ohio's TRAC Major New Construction Program List, it is listed under Tier 3 and does not have any funding currently committed to it.   

seicer:
Major construction project to begin on I-64 in mid-April

It looks like the I-64 reconstruction project between Milton and Teays Valley will consist of 9" of asphalt overlay over rubblized concrete. Also interesting to see this split into two phases - one between Milton and Hurricane, and the other from Hurricane to Teays Valley. These are the oldest sections of interstate in the state, dating to 1958.

--

First public meeting held on I-64 reconstruction

"Crews will begin April 8 on the $47 million project affecting the stretch of the interstate between exit 28 to Milton and around where the interstate goes over Rocky Step Road. Work will include removing the existing asphalt, the rubblization of the underlying layer of concrete and putting down a new layer of asphalt."

hbelkins:
Ugh. I foresee any trips to the northeast (possible attendance at the Shamokin Dam and Salamanca meets) using WV 2 to US 50 instead of getting caught in that mess.

Bitmapped:
WVDOH let a bunch of Interstate reconstruction projects that should be starting this spring. Several sections of I-79 and parts of I-64 and I-77 are being done as well. I wish they'd use concrete instead of asphalt for reconstruction. I also wish DOH would learn how to properly manage work zone traffic. Expect long delays.

VTGoose:

--- Quote from: Bitmapped on March 28, 2018, 09:12:11 PM ---WVDOH let a bunch of Interstate reconstruction projects that should be starting this spring. . . I wish they'd use concrete instead of asphalt for reconstruction.

--- End quote ---

Does any other state follow the odd practice of West Virginia when repairing concrete sections of the interstate? Most repairs of bad concrete involve paving over the whole section or taking out and replacing the whole section with new concrete. WVDOH instead just jackhammers out around the bad patch and pours in new concrete, doing so along a stretch of highway. Does that really save time and money?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version