Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Nevada

<< < (28/28)

Alps:

--- Quote from: nexus73 on June 19, 2021, 10:17:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Alps on June 18, 2021, 03:47:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: nexus73 on June 18, 2021, 01:13:24 PM ---What you "bolded" refers to accumulating the statistics.  If the stats match up rather closely to the amount of people present in those races, then we are not dealing with racism.  If the stats are way different, then the question becomes one of racism vs cultural approaches, which would be a Pretty Tough One to answer in terms of pure numbers.

Rick

--- End quote ---
Not necessary to know. If minorities are being disproportionately jailed to their overall numbers, there is a problem rooted in racism. If the jail sentences are actually proportional to the crimes being commited, that informs you that the problem is socially endemic and we need to develop equity over generations. If the sentences are not proportional, then you have systemic racism. The truth is in between and we have both.

--- End quote ---

While living in Tangipahoa Parish (Louisiana) back in the second half of the Nineties, I saw work groups from the county jail doing various cleaning tasks.  It was rare to see a white person despite the parish population being rather evenly split between black and white.  That was something I had not expected to see.

Black thug culture had taken over the outdoors so much that children never played outside nor did any of them ever go trick or treating on Hallowe'en.  Drug dealers gathered in packs both in the cities and countryside.  Police actually protected the drug trade so they could have informers. which the Hammond LA police chief said accounted for 99% of crimes solved.  Black neighborhoods looked totally run down while the mostly white neighborhoods had the classic middle class look.  Hammond and Ponchatoula high schools had to be moved out of town and the campuses closed to hold down the troubles.

Very Third World were the conditions.  Oh well, at least the food was good. 

Rick

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You mention thug culture and third world conditions - please elaborate on why you are not a racist this Juneteenth.

nexus73:

--- Quote from: Alps on June 19, 2021, 10:32:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: nexus73 on June 19, 2021, 10:17:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Alps on June 18, 2021, 03:47:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: nexus73 on June 18, 2021, 01:13:24 PM ---What you "bolded" refers to accumulating the statistics.  If the stats match up rather closely to the amount of people present in those races, then we are not dealing with racism.  If the stats are way different, then the question becomes one of racism vs cultural approaches, which would be a Pretty Tough One to answer in terms of pure numbers.

Rick

--- End quote ---
Not necessary to know. If minorities are being disproportionately jailed to their overall numbers, there is a problem rooted in racism. If the jail sentences are actually proportional to the crimes being commited, that informs you that the problem is socially endemic and we need to develop equity over generations. If the sentences are not proportional, then you have systemic racism. The truth is in between and we have both.

--- End quote ---

While living in Tangipahoa Parish (Louisiana) back in the second half of the Nineties, I saw work groups from the county jail doing various cleaning tasks.  It was rare to see a white person despite the parish population being rather evenly split between black and white.  That was something I had not expected to see.

Black thug culture had taken over the outdoors so much that children never played outside nor did any of them ever go trick or treating on Hallowe'en.  Drug dealers gathered in packs both in the cities and countryside.  Police actually protected the drug trade so they could have informers. which the Hammond LA police chief said accounted for 99% of crimes solved.  Black neighborhoods looked totally run down while the mostly white neighborhoods had the classic middle class look.  Hammond and Ponchatoula high schools had to be moved out of town and the campuses closed to hold down the troubles.

Very Third World were the conditions.  Oh well, at least the food was good. 

Rick

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You mention thug culture and third world conditions - please elaborate on why you are not a racist this Juneteenth.

--- End quote ---

These are just mentions of the reality that was in place about a quarter century ago.  My wife was black (she died of a seizure back in 2009) by the way so take your "woke" self out for a reality check by going there to see what is going on.

Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version