National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Plattsburgh and Clinton County, NY Roadmeet - Spring 2022

<< < (8/9) > >>

baugh17:

--- Quote from: baugh17 on March 25, 2021, 09:43:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: cu2010 on March 25, 2021, 01:47:18 PM ---So the COVID situation is improving, particularly in the North Country. Businesses are slowly reopening, gathering sizes have been increased (particularly among those with vaccinations), and we might be able to have a more "normal" meet after all.

However, the Canadian border remains closed... and with the situation over there, I don't see it reopening anytime soon. Since I'm sure Montreal would be a likely secondary destination for some folks, along with our Canadian friends who would otherwise attend a meet just south of the border, I feel it's in the best interest to postpone this meet until later in the summer, possibly August or September. What would work best for people?

--- End quote ---

I'm now fully vaccinated but would be fine with postponing until late summer/early fall.

--- End quote ---

Just curious what the status is since were now coming up on mid July and there hasn't appeared to have been any discussion on the topic since the end of March.  Hopefully this meet isn't exactly dead in the water.

froggie:
Given prior discussion, safe to say it's on hold since the border is still closed.

baugh17:

--- Quote from: froggie on July 14, 2021, 08:29:34 AM ---Given prior discussion, safe to say it's on hold since the border is still closed.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't sure if that was still a factor, but I guess at the rate Trudeau is holding out on opening the border, it'll be a while.

A.J. Bertin:
I'm also patiently waiting for further updates regarding this meet (i.e., patiently waiting for the border to re-open, possibly increasing the likelihood that this meet will take place).  I'm still hoping I can attend this one... whenever it's scheduled.

cu2010:
I haven't forgotten about this... I've just been extremely busy thanks to starting a new job, along with the ever-uncertain situation with both the border and the pandemic (NY has dropped all restrictions, but with the variants spreading who knows what'll happen), plus the fact that I've been dealing with some significant health issues, I'm probably going to have to push this out to next spring.

I want as many people as possible to be able to attend, which just isn't feasible right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version