Regional Boards > Northwest

Oregon Z mile markers

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Ghostbuster:
Z mile markers are a unique occurrence, no?

JasonOfORoads:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 15, 2021, 09:00:08 PM ---Z mile markers are a unique occurrence, no?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, the mile markers are pretty rare. Most Z-mileage isn't very long and is hidden in the field. The only other Z-mileage I can think of that's of any significant length is along OR-27, after it was rerouted when the Prineville Reservoir was built. However, most of that route is unpaved, and IIRC there aren't any mileposts along that section; last I checked, ODOT's highway inventory data states that the mileposts are "missing", but they may have never been placed in the first place. ODOT had no real choice but to post the ones along US-101, since it is a heavily-travelled highway.

KEK Inc.:
I was driving and my friend I was with doesn't care about roads, so I couldn't snap a picture.  lol

Here is one I passed that's on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.6788383,-123.9238746,3a,50.3y,211h,88.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sux6b4Mt4kbl7WiPgy0frPQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That explanation makes sense Jason.  Thanks!

rarnold:
So are these Z mile markers akin to Iowa using ahead and back markers when a route is shortened or lengthened?

JasonOfORoads:

--- Quote from: rarnold on April 19, 2021, 10:12:28 PM ---So are these Z mile markers akin to Iowa using ahead and back markers when a route is shortened or lengthened?

--- End quote ---

Sorta, yeah. They are definitely the results of ahead/back equations in the underlying milepost data, but I've never seen a marker that denotes the BK=AH at the specific spot the equation occurs. It's similar to "B"-mileage that WSDOT uses on lengthened routes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version