News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Across US-50 - Southern Illinois

Started by edwaleni, June 21, 2021, 12:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwaleni

I recently drove the entire US-50 across southern Illinois this past week.

Poor spot. The intersection of US-50 and IL-4 south of Lebanon.

It is a 3 way stop with mostly trucks using IL-4 for north south transit. In fact with the number of trucks I saw on IL-4 in my short experience, I wonder how much it is becoming the north-south eastern bypass of the Metro-East that IDOT had thought IL-158 would become (and gave up).

Other than Lebanon, there are no cities on the route from I-55 all the way to I-64. The mayor who promoted the US-50 Bypass (and has since passed away) was a proponent of a IL-4 Eastern Bypass of Lebanon. He may have been ahead of his time.

Current US-50 from IL-158 to IL-4 is just too old, has much to many businesses up against it. If the Lebanon Bypass is to be done correctly, it really needs to begin at Air Mobility Drive (IL-158) all the way to Summerfield, where the upgrade to Carlyle from the 80's begins/ends.

From Summerfield to Carlyle, the road has been repaved with signs reporting it as "test pavement". It was in excellent shape with no rip-raps or joint heaves. IDOT still owns all the land to complete this as a 4 lane limited access as I was watching the property line fences throughout.

I did take a look at the bridges from the construction done back in the 80's and subsequently abandoned.  Used generally by contractors to get equipment across those creeks and rivers without having to tie up a lane, many of them are showing some bridge joint issues probably caused by lack of use and seasonal temperature changes over the past 35-40 years. Mostly expansion heaves.

Truck traffic on this route during my time on it was light to moderate. Mostly logistics operators and agricultural trucking.

Of course I hit the "end" of that work north of Carlyle where the new route stops abruptly at IL-127 and made the jog through downtown Carlyle to goes back to the 1928 alignment.

Once back on this old alignment, you see many of the functional and engineering compromises that have been kicked forward by IDOT over the years. Guardrails over a few swamps that are directly up against the highway with no shoulders. Much the route had been resurfaced, but there are many farms, small industrial and the usual grid county roads that intersect the road every mile.

It stayed this way all the way to Sandoval.  Once there US-50 has to make yet another jog through town (showing off its 1928 roots) and the traffic types changed immediately once we continued east of town. IDOT recently cancelled the US-51 Bypass east of Sandoval where they had planned for a cloverleaf with a future US-50 north bypass. Won't happen now.

Truck traffic picked up markedly and grew as we got closer to Salem. The AADT between Odin and Salem is over 10k and I believe it. XPO Logistics has a large truck terminal between Salem and Odin and those were the trucks we were seeing. I can only assume those westbound trucks were headed to Centralia. Between XPO and I-57 is the usual collection of fast food, small industrial, etc. The former printing plant off Selmaville Road is totally gone and so was the truck traffic to/from it.

There is no bypass of Salem for US-50 and so you are limited by typical urban speed limits. The Union Pacific bridge over the highway was upgraded some 20 years ago, so there are no clearance issues.

One odd result of a bridge upgrade is a jog over the creek from the C&EI Reservoir. They built the new bridge next to the old one, but didn't put a lot in getting the road realigned to the new bridge.

Not a big deal really, but when you come down the hill towards the bridge, you clearly see this sudden jog to the north for no reason.

Between Salem and Xenia, it follows the old ROW, but IDOT has replaced all of the narrow bridges and widened & paved for shoulders where possible. Much better than the 1970's where there were no shoulders and lots of narrow bridges. But this segment still has lots of farm access, driveways, county roads, etc.

Also a difference in the types of trucks heading west changed. No longer logistics firms, about 40% of the trucks were from WalMart and the rest industrial supplier types. This reflects traffic generated by the distro center in Olney and some of the industry in Flora.

Once at Xenia you get moved back over to the expressway ROW that was not finished and eventually cancelled.  Interesting to look at the abandoned pavement next to you all dirty and unused with grass pushing up through the cracks.

IDOT still owns a good wide ROW here and they have no farms, driveways or small business access on this segment, but the county roads remain.

Along here it is cosigned with US-45 as it bypasses Flora and Clay City. Flora has built local streets which serve as frontage roads. It appears the planned intersections with US-45 were all to be ground level and traffic lights prevail here. Lots of truck skid marks, so this tells you the light seems to surprise many of the drivers.

The road is still in good shape here.

Once past Flora and Clay City, the trucks going west are now 99% WalMart based. I think I counted only 1 non-WalMart truck all the way to Olney.

From south of Clay City all the way to Vincennes, US-50 uses a ROW that was developed back in the early 60's as part of the planned I-64 to Louisville.  You can see "old US 50" a few times while driving this route which was put down in 1923 and appears got its last update sometime after WW2.

Also of historical note, the Old US 50 bridges over the Big Muddy and Small Muddy Creeks are still standing. With their unique brick sidewalls and trusses you will see some old style road building techniques. Built in 1923 you can read more here. https://bridgehunter.com/il/clay/big-muddy-creek/

You can get to them, but you cannot drive across them as they have been closed.

The segment from Olney to Vincennes is showing its age. IDOT has inexplicably allowed driveways to be built between Olney and Sumner.  I can only assume with the old US-50 (former IL-250) so close by this may have been a compromise, but 1 development clearly shows they did not force them to build a frontage access. The many proposals to update this route will have issues with ROW. From Sumner to the Wabash River, it is much improved. The truck types now have shifted to WalMart in both directions. The rest of the trucks were agricultural.

Well, that is US-50 today across Illinois.

hbelkins

That section with all the unused bridges fascinated me when I drove it several years ago.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Great description. The unused bridges were from the supplemental freeway upgrade and the Xenia to Indiana section were from the 64 ROW. It's great how you point that out.

Do you think the old bridges are usable with a re deck?

I was reviewing the unbuilt  freeway sections. Can we consider 50 inbuilt or with the addition of the Lebanon bypass was it In fact completed much as the expressway segments should be considered completed?

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on June 22, 2021, 11:55:09 AM
Great description. The unused bridges were from the supplemental freeway upgrade and the Xenia to Indiana section were from the 64 ROW. It's great how you point that out.

Do you think the old bridges are usable with a re deck?

I was reviewing the unbuilt  freeway sections. Can we consider 50 inbuilt or with the addition of the Lebanon bypass was it In fact completed much as the expressway segments should be considered completed?

As for the old bridges, redeck = yes, the problem would be with scour at the piers. If the route gets funding ever again, I would say they would probably replace the stringer steel with pre-stressed concrete.

It is a mixed bag from Summerfield east. Because the project was cancelled so hastily in 1974, there is a mix of expressway with diamond exits (Breese), some county roads where the intersections were put back in, some with overpasses, but a 2 lane stub intersection put in. All of the county road overpasses that were built support a 4 lane expressway.

The road suffers from incompletion and anyone looking to expand anything industrial or for logistics will lose because they can't check the box for a 4 lane highway. So essentially it's a frankenstein, part Super 2, part 4 lane expressway, part rural arterial.

Having seen the route from IL-158 to Lebanon, I can easily say the bypass is needed, but it has to go west of IL-4 to be fully functional.

Reconnecting the bypass to the 1973 project at Summerfield should be fairly easy. All the dirt the contractors amassed for the planned overpass is still there (covered with trees) and IDOT still owns all the ROW between Summerfield and IL-4.

I like the term Frankenstein for that segment.
It looks like and it's just the maps in the MYP  that the bypass will begin at 4. Think they will remember 50 on to 4 to 64?
I count about 21 miles from Carlyle to the 4 lane before 57 and then about 10 to Xenia.
I also wonder if it's that development after Olney that Ed observed that scuttled the 4 lane?

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on June 23, 2021, 11:46:20 AM
I like the term Frankenstein for that segment.
It looks like and it's just the maps in the MYP  that the bypass will begin at 4. Think they will remember 50 on to 4 to 64?
I count about 21 miles from Carlyle to the 4 lane before 57 and then about 10 to Xenia.
I also wonder if it's that development after Olney that Ed observed that scuttled the 4 lane?

I suspect the "study" of a 4 lane from Olney (WalMart) to Lawrenceville was to politically placate the locals involved in the US 50 Coalition.

There have been several studies to restart the 4 lane project on US 50 in SE Illinois since the late 1970's. but have not gone anywhere.

The studies either disappeared, never finished or found no impact. I remember one that actually finished back in the late 1980's but couldn't get funding from IDOT or from the Fed's.

Another one was triggered by the RCDC for a new proposed business/logistics park east of Olney, but fell apart when CSX wanted top dollar to put a rail siding in and Olney didn't want to put a new water main in until they had a tenant confirmed.

They are trying.

adt1982

I used 50 from Salem to Carlyle on my way home Friday. 

Your analysis is spot-on.  The section between Sandoval and Carlyle is narrow, with no shoulders.  Thanks to the several inches of rain on Friday many ditches were full, almost up to the road. 

The Ghostbuster

Should US 50 have been four lanes across Southern Illinois? Of course, that is assuming there would be sufficient funding for the design and construction of a four-lane US 50.

edwaleni

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 19, 2021, 01:45:49 PM
Should US 50 have been four lanes across Southern Illinois? Of course, that is assuming there would be sufficient funding for the design and construction of a four-lane US 50.

At first this part of US-50 was to be the future route of what is today I-64.  The Vincennes Bypass with US-50/US-41 and US-150 was built with this future in mind in 1961-1964. The proposed 4 lane route was to continue on to Louisville using US-150.

But after the planned I-64 route was moved farther south, Illinois had attempted to upgrade US-50 as part of the funding around the supplemental highway system. Illinois had plans to try and get so many square miles of Illinois within a certain distance of a 4 lane highway to support industry and commerce.

Today US-50 doesn't support the needed AADT in a couple of places which has forestalled any attempts to have it be 4 laned across the state.

Since the work on US-50 as part of the supplementary routes lost funding in 1974 and finally was removed from the plan completely, industry along the route has since either closed or relocated closer to either I-70 or I-57.

Its a catch-22. Many logistics firms or industrial park developers like the easy access to cheaper labor these towns provide, but always have 4 lane access a required checkbox for their consideration to facilitate easy truck access.

This is why the US-50 Coalition formed in Illinois several years ago to attempt to bring a highway that would attract these types of commercial developments.

There are a couple of threads in the Ohio Valley section that describe these attempts over the years in more detail, so i won't repeat them here.

The subject keeps coming up probably because Illinois spent a large amount of dough acquiring ROW and getting the future 4 lane highway planned for from 1956 until finally in 1986, when Gov. James "Big Jim" Thompson had the funding moved from US-50 to extend I-39 to Bloomington as an Interstate to entice Mitsubishi to build their factory in Normal. (now it is a Rivian factory building EV trucks and SUV's).

This is why US-50 across the state in various places has abandoned modern river bridges and sections of pavement for a 4 lane freeway that were never used and lots of wide ROW.

cbalducc

Is this neglect of US50 due to a lack of Downstate political clout?

edwaleni

Quote from: cbalducc on July 28, 2022, 10:40:13 PM

Yes for the most part.

In the 1950's and 1960's, Illinois had a large amount of clout in the House Ways and Means.

But as the 80's came along, it was really only Dan Rostenkowski who had retained that clout at the Federal level.

When SE Illinois was pumping a lot of oil from 1925 to around 1982 (this area of the US did not suffer from a depression as much as others) it was able to maintain a large amount of clout through political giving.

But as the population of Illinois stopped growing and the shift moved west, they started losing seats in the house. The population center of the US in 1950 was between Dundas and Olney Illinois.

This caused the SE Illinois congressional district to get larger and larger and essentially diluted their ability to get funding.

On top of this the oil output for the area has dwindled to a trickle.

At one time in the 1960's SE Illinois was slated to get a 4 lane freeway (US-50), an international airport (Lawrenceville-Vincennes Airport), and a TV station (WUSI-TV).

The road we already know about. The airport which used to have scheduled flights (some international), has regressed into a civil airport and WUSI-TV which came very close to shutting down, is a multi-channel digital tower for Southern Illinois University.

Olney, Flora, Salem, Lawrenceville, have all been trying to increase their economic vitality using the corridor. Olney had several federal grant applications in to build a large logistics and business park on US50 east of town but had to let them lapse because they couldn't get citizen funding to extend the water services. With the State of Illinois so broke, they can't help.

So the area is essentially regressing from it use for oil, small industry and agriculture, to mostly agriculture.

Briefly, there was a movement to bring oil fracking to the area and fracking equipment and local permits were actually issued for the city of Grayville to start.  However, a moratorium was issued by the state until new environmental rules could be established. The frackers waited and when the rules were finally released, it made fracking so completely uneconomical, they gave up and pulled their equipment. Contrast this is with yet more liberal standards for the coal strip miners and reduction of the taxes collected from them. They scar the earth with impunity and its all ok.

So any hope of bringing oil economics back to the area was essentially lost. And there is still a very large amount of oil in the region, just not reachable using standard drilling methods. A recent oil find near Salem using horizontal drilling methods discovered under Stephen Forbes state park, is still producing today. The guy who bought the rights back in the 80's when others gave up is sitting pretty good right now.

Since IDOT essentially gave up on US-50 in 2017 east of Salem from a funding perspective, nothing significant is on the books today. I remember going to a public hearing in 1974 for the planned expressway!

I think if the scope is rolled back a little and simply make US-50 a Super-2 from Carlyle to Vincennes with a Salem bypass on the south end, I think it will meet 100% of the areas needs for trucks and industry for the next 30 years. And if oil fracking becomes viable again, it will be positioned properly. Also it should cut down on the collisions at these flashing yellow and flashing red intersections. Which is most definitely an issue on many parts of the route.

cbalducc

Quote from: edwaleni on July 29, 2022, 02:28:52 PM

Yes for the most part.

In the 1950's and 1960's, Illinois had a large amount of clout in the House Ways and Means.

But as the 80's came along, it was really only Dan Rostenkowski who had retained that clout at the Federal level.

When SE Illinois was pumping a lot of oil from 1925 to around 1982 (this area of the US did not suffer from a depression as much as others) it was able to maintain a large amount of clout through political giving.

But as the population of Illinois stopped growing and the shift moved west, they started losing seats in the house. The population center of the US in 1950 was between Dundas and Olney Illinois.

This caused the SE Illinois congressional district to get larger and larger and essentially diluted their ability to get funding.

At one time in the 1960's SE Illinois was slated to get a 4 lane freeway (US-50), an international airport (Lawrenceville-Vincennes Airport), and a TV station (WUSI-TV).

The road we already know about. The airport which used to have scheduled flights (some international), has regressed into a civil airport and WUSI-TV which came very close to shutting down, is a multi-channel digital tower for Southern Illinois University.

Olney, Flora, Salem, Lawrenceville, have all been trying to increase their economic vitality using the corridor. Olney had several federal grant applications in to build a large logistics and business park on US50 east of town but had to let them lapse because they couldn't get citizen funding to extend the water services. With the State of Illinois so broke, they can't help.

So the area is essentially regressing from it use for oil, small industry and agriculture, to mostly agriculture.

Briefly, there was a movement to bring oil fracking to the area and fracking equipment and local permits were actually issued for the city of Grayville to start.  However, a moratorium was issued by the state until new environmental rules could be established. The frackers waited and when the rules were finally released, it made fracking so completely uneconomical, they gave up and pulled their equipment. Contrast this is with yet more liberal standards for the coal strip miners and reduction of the taxes collected from them. They scar the earth with impunity and its all ok.

So any hope of bringing oil economics back to the area was essentially lost. And there is still a very large amount of oil in the region, just not reachable using standard drilling methods. A recent oil find near Salem using horizontal drilling methods discovered under Stephen Forbes state park, is still producing today. The guy who bought the rights back in the 80's when others gave up is sitting pretty good right now.

Since IDOT essentially gave up on US-50 in 2017 east of Salem from a funding perspective, nothing significant is on the books today. I remember going to a public hearing in 1974 for the planned expressway!

I think if the scope is rolled back a little and simply make US-50 a Super-2 from Carlyle to Vincennes with a Salem bypass on the south end, I think it will meet 100% of the areas needs for trucks and industry for the next 30 years. And if oil fracking becomes viable again, it will be positioned properly. Also it should cut down on the collisions at these flashing yellow and flashing red intersections. Which is most definitely an issue on many parts of the route.
Thank you.  But I was actually referring to Downstate's lack of clout in state politics.  Chicago Metro gets all the goodies, and the rest of the state gets crumbs. 

edwaleni

Quote from: cbalducc on July 29, 2022, 04:37:19 PM
Quote from: edwaleni on July 29, 2022, 02:28:52 PM

Yes for the most part.

Thank you.  But I was actually referring to Downstate's lack of clout in state politics.  Chicago Metro gets all the goodies, and the rest of the state gets crumbs.

It really comes down to "he who gives the most, gets the most". Chicago Metro overtook the rest of Illinois in political power years ago and therefore the "goodies" as you say then to flow north.

The last time southern Illinois had an effective counter weight to Chicago was when Jim Edgar was Governor (he was from Charleston) and Frank Watson was the ranking member in the legislature (he was from Greenville).

They were able to somewhat contain the prolific spending to some degree by getting agreements to limit budget growth. But after the GOP lost the majority in both houses, public service pensions and educational benefits went through the roof.

It really comes down to population and growth outside the Chicago Metro and it has been pretty much negative. After NAFTA was passed by Congress, the small industrial base in southern Illinois was nearly wiped out.

Several towns in and around the Murphysboro/Carbondale/Benton MSA have shown growth, but most of the rest are negative. Most of the kids who grow up in southern Illinois don't return. They go to college and find careers that their hometown can't provide.

To get any sense of empowerment politically, essentially southern, western, and northwest Illinois would have to form a bloc to offset the Chicago influence. And many times the needs of Moline and Peoria just don't line up with the needs south of US-50. So the rot continues.

kharvey10

There has been some new developments on US 50 around Crackerneck Road in Clinton County as IDOT has used some of that ROW to build a new "frontage road" that will go all the way towards the one bridge. 

Back in the 1960s and 1970s politically this part of Southern Illinois leaned towards the Democrats but since then it has flipped hardcore Republican even in Madison and St. Clair counties.  Madison County is Republican controlled for the past few years and while St. Clair remains Democrat controlled that party has barely held a majority and has even seen some high profile flips (including longtime friend of Democrat chairman Mark Kern that was the mayor of Belleville losing his own reelection bid last year).  This same change of shift is being fueled at the statewide level, with Effingham based Darren Bailey winning the Republican primary for Governor and Edwardsville based Tom Devore winning Republican primary for Attorney General back in June.

edwaleni

Quote from: kharvey10 on August 22, 2022, 12:18:30 AM
There has been some new developments on US 50 around Crackerneck Road in Clinton County as IDOT has used some of that ROW to build a new "frontage road" that will go all the way towards the one bridge. 

Back in the 1960s and 1970s politically this part of Southern Illinois leaned towards the Democrats but since then it has flipped hardcore Republican even in Madison and St. Clair counties.  Madison County is Republican controlled for the past few years and while St. Clair remains Democrat controlled that party has barely held a majority and has even seen some high profile flips (including longtime friend of Democrat chairman Mark Kern that was the mayor of Belleville losing his own reelection bid last year).  This same change of shift is being fueled at the statewide level, with Effingham based Darren Bailey winning the Republican primary for Governor and Edwardsville based Tom Devore winning Republican primary for Attorney General back in June.

TRENTON— The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced that it has begun construction of a research & certification track along US 50 near Trenton. The purpose of this track is to certify, validate, and calibrate the Department and contractor equipment which will aid in the construction of smoother, safer, and structurally sound roads. This work is expected to be completed by Spring 2022.

Drivers are urged to reduce speed, be alert for changing conditions, obey all construction signage, and refrain from using mobile devices while approaching and traveling through the work zone.

adt1982

Today I'm going to run across 50 from Sandoval to Vincennes.  The short Sandoval to Salem stretch is part of my usual route to Mt. Carmel, but I haven't been west of Salem on 50 since probably 2006, at least not the whole way east.

edwaleni

Quote from: adt1982 on September 03, 2022, 08:55:34 AM
Today I'm going to run across 50 from Sandoval to Vincennes.  The short Sandoval to Salem stretch is part of my usual route to Mt. Carmel, but I haven't been west of Salem on 50 since probably 2006, at least not the whole way east.

East of Salem was repaved in places, but in areas there are no shoulders. Once you are past Xenia the rip/raps get more frequent, the bridge over the Big Muddy should be done. But Olney to Vincennes has some bad spots before you reach the Red Skeleton Bridge

adt1982

Oops.  That should have said east of Salem.

I did notice the new pavement east of there.  The Big Muddy bridge is done.  East of Olney is rather bumpy in places.  Work on a bridge at the east interchange for BUS 50 to Lawrenceville has it down to one lane, and there's construction on the Red Skelton Bridge.  Traffic was very light once I was more than a few miles east of Salem. 

There was a lot of traffic on 51 in both directions south of Salem both in the morning and even about 8:30 in the evening when I went through, which was unusual. 

For the return trip I took IL 15 all the way to Ashley and then 51 north.  I've found that no matter which route I take to or from Mt. Carmel they all take about the same total time.

edwaleni

Quote from: adt1982 on September 04, 2022, 07:22:12 PM

I did notice the new pavement east of there.  The Big Muddy bridge is done.  East of Olney is rather bumpy in places.  Work on a bridge at the east interchange for BUS 50 to Lawrenceville has it down to one lane, and there's construction on the Red Skelton Bridge.  Traffic was very light once I was more than a few miles east of Salem. 

There was a lot of traffic on 51 in both directions south of Salem both in the morning and even about 8:30 in the evening when I went through, which was unusual. 

For the return trip I took IL 15 all the way to Ashley and then 51 north.  I've found that no matter which route I take to or from Mt. Carmel they all take about the same total time.

I am surprised IL-15 through Mt. Vernon didn't slow you down (or US-51 in downtown Centralia)  I haven't been that way in many years, but I have stopped at IL-15 and I-57 for food/gas quite a few times.

How is the US-51 four lane south of Centralia? I remember the huge political delegation that petitioned IDOT to get that built when they were dropping the US-51 plans left and right south of Decatur.

ilpt4u

I'd love to see the US 51 4-Lane pushed even further south, but I acknowledge it won't be pushed past I-64

edwaleni

Quote from: ilpt4u on September 11, 2022, 10:11:18 PM
I'd love to see the US 51 4-Lane pushed even further south, but I acknowledge it won't be pushed past I-64

You will probably see an expansion of highway from the Metro-East to Murphysboro/Carbondale via Pickneyville before they try to do something to US-51 that far south (if anything).

IDOT has been systematically removing any ideas of the US-51 spine line concept from the 1950's below Pana.

- Sandoval Bypass = cancelled
- Centralia to Sandoval = cancelled
- Sandoval to Vandalia = cancelled
- Vandalia Bypass = current scope was not approved by locals (concept was bad IMHO)
- Vandalia to Pana = cancelled
- Pana Bypass = cancelled, not wanted by locals

Rick Powell

Quote from: edwaleni on September 11, 2022, 01:13:38 AM
How is the US-51 four lane south of Centralia? I remember the huge political delegation that petitioned IDOT to get that built when they were dropping the US-51 plans left and right south of Decatur.

It's an expressway with one interchange between I-64 and Centralia, and the crossroads are low-volume, no signals on any of them until you are well into Centralia at Calumet Street on the one-way couple thru town. Checking the ADT, 5400-6800 on the expressway section and increasing slightly on the two directions of the one-way couple. This was justified as "interstate access to Centralia" and not necessarily as a building block to an overall 51 corridor improvement although it would function as such.

The EIS for 51 was cancelled in the Federal Register. I can get you the date.
Also US 30 and Peoria Bypass.

adt1982

Quote from: edwaleni on September 11, 2022, 01:13:38 AM
Quote from: adt1982 on September 04, 2022, 07:22:12 PM

I am surprised IL-15 through Mt. Vernon didn't slow you down (or US-51 in downtown Centralia)  I haven't been that way in many years, but I have stopped at IL-15 and I-57 for food/gas quite a few times.

I hit a couple lights in Mt. Vernon, but it didn't slow me down much.  US 51 south of Centralia is in pretty good shape from what I could see, but it was dark and raining.

kphoger

Quote from: adt1982 on September 17, 2022, 06:42:18 PM
I hit a couple lights in Mt. Vernon, but it didn't slow me down much.

Yeah, it's a long distance across Mount Vernon, but it's not a slog.  There's downtown, and the area around I-57, but in between there aren't many lights to worry about.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.