User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

Left lane blockers becoming standard on our highways

(1/24) > >>

Crash_It:
As shown by two of my most recent videos, it seems to become common for someone to block the left lane and not allow anyone else in front of them no matter what:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVpkWGhT9sc
and...

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDyV2zQLJo

kphoger:
While coming back to Wichita from Del Rio with my best friend, I was mildly irritated at his left lane behavior.  He gets over into the left lane early, and he doesn't dip back into the right lane to let people by as long as there's someone within sight that he plans to pass as well.  This behavior prompted a couple of drivers between OKC and Wichita to gun it around him in the right lane, and one even blared his horn at us.

When a driver with New Mexico plates gunned it around us in the right lane, my friend muttered "That's illegal in your state too".

What's illegal? I asked
Going around me in the right lane.
I'm not aware of any state where that's illegal.
It's illegal in Kansas.
No it isn't.  I've never seen that law.  It is illegal to drive in the left lane when someone is wanting trying to get around you.

He slowly nodded his head and didn't say anything.
I don't know if he believed me or not.

Max Rockatansky:
Never heard of the Left Lane Prius Facebook group?

achilles765:
I have never understood why it really matters which lane someone is in as long as they aren't driving too slowly.  I almost exclusively drive in the left lane but then again I am also usually driving about 5-10 miles over the speed limit.  I switch to the right lane only if there is not a lot of traffic ahead of me or someone is coming up behind me on the left and they are driving faster than I seem to be. 
When there's three or more lanes, I almost always stay in the center unless Im nearing an exit.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: achilles765 on July 08, 2021, 10:08:18 PM ---I have never understood why it really matters which lane someone is in as long as they aren't driving too slowly.  I almost exclusively drive in the left lane but then again I am also usually driving about 5-10 miles over the speed limit.  I switch to the right lane only if there is not a lot of traffic ahead of me or someone is coming up behind me on the left and they are driving faster than I seem to be. 
When there's three or more lanes, I almost always stay in the center unless Im nearing an exit.

--- End quote ---

The OP has to be dramatic about a non-issue per usual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version