Regional Boards > Canada

Canada's timeline to end sales of petrol-powered cars advanced to 2035

<< < (2/14) > >>

dmuzika:

--- Quote from: vdeane on June 30, 2021, 09:50:29 PM ---Or even Newfoundland.  There are no superchargers there or even Electrify Canada.  It's a charging desert.

--- End quote ---

What about anything outside a 200 km radius of any major city or 50 km from a major highway? Rural Canada is a large area even if the votes are concentrated in small pockets.

ghYHZ:

--- Quote from: vdeane on June 30, 2021, 09:50:29 PM ---Or even Newfoundland.  There are no superchargers there or even Electrify Canada.  It's a charging desert.

--- End quote ---

Right now there's charging stations along the Trans Canada in Newfoundland. It might be difficult to find a location in an outport village.....but locations are certainly only going to continue to grow. 

https://nlhydro.com/electricvehicles/

Here's the map for Canada with 6000 locations and it's being updated daily. By 2035....they'll be everywhere.

https://www.energyhub.org/ev-map-canada/

jakeroot:
Apart from the post above me, I see a ton of people worried about 2021 infrastructure and technology, despite the goal being 2035.

If, 14 years from now, we haven't yet developed the necessary technology and infrastructure to end ICE sales, even in the most remote settings, it's only because we found an even better technology.

Perhaps hydrogen becomes a big deal in rural areas?

Alps:

--- Quote from: jakeroot on July 01, 2021, 01:54:41 PM ---Apart from the post above me, I see a ton of people worried about 2021 infrastructure and technology, despite the goal being 2035.

If, 14 years from now, we haven't yet developed the necessary technology and infrastructure to end ICE sales, even in the most remote settings, it's only because we found an even better technology.

--- End quote ---
If it's not ready 14 years from now, the deadline will be pushed back.

kalvado:

--- Quote from: Alps on July 03, 2021, 12:39:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: jakeroot on July 01, 2021, 01:54:41 PM ---Apart from the post above me, I see a ton of people worried about 2021 infrastructure and technology, despite the goal being 2035.

--- End quote ---
If it's not ready 14 years from now, the deadline will be pushed back.

--- End quote ---
Let's be ambitious, set deadline to 2025. After all, nobody cares about those things. Exhibit 1: national toll interoperability mandate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version