Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

US-101 North of Santa Rosa

<< < (2/3) > >>

michravera:

--- Quote from: nexus73 on July 08, 2021, 07:32:24 AM ---Max, of the 27 miles for 101 between Brookings and Crescent City, there are 3 miles of freeway north of Crescent City and 4 miles of expressway south of Brookings.  In between it is all 2-lane or 2-lane with middle turn lanes.  Given the traffic, 101 should be all 4-lane between these two cities.

To Mich: Get your gas at the Fred Meyer in Brookings.  It is always well under California prices.  There is no sales tax in Oregon so enjoy that benefit.  If you go up to Bandon, take 42S to 42 to I-5 for the return home.  Should you backtrack to 199, watch out for the Safety Corridor south of Grants Pass.  The Oregon State Police watch it like a hawk.  There is an In-N-Out in Grants Pass and Medford.

Brookings to Port Orford is classic Oregon Coast viewing.  Hope you can drive it!

Rick

--- End quote ---

My wife reminded be that we are taking our little 4 kg dog. Any dog-friendly restaurants along US-101 or CASR-254 (or at least some places with outdoor patios). We can bring car snacks on the way up, but, absent such locations, we may need to take I-5 and go for drive thrus on the way home.

nexus73:

--- Quote from: michravera on July 08, 2021, 09:08:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: nexus73 on July 08, 2021, 07:32:24 AM ---Max, of the 27 miles for 101 between Brookings and Crescent City, there are 3 miles of freeway north of Crescent City and 4 miles of expressway south of Brookings.  In between it is all 2-lane or 2-lane with middle turn lanes.  Given the traffic, 101 should be all 4-lane between these two cities.

To Mich: Get your gas at the Fred Meyer in Brookings.  It is always well under California prices.  There is no sales tax in Oregon so enjoy that benefit.  If you go up to Bandon, take 42S to 42 to I-5 for the return home.  Should you backtrack to 199, watch out for the Safety Corridor south of Grants Pass.  The Oregon State Police watch it like a hawk.  There is an In-N-Out in Grants Pass and Medford.

Brookings to Port Orford is classic Oregon Coast viewing.  Hope you can drive it!

Rick

--- End quote ---

My wife reminded be that we are taking our little 4 kg dog. Any dog-friendly restaurants along US-101 or CASR-254 (or at least some places with outdoor patios). We can bring car snacks on the way up, but, absent such locations, we may need to take I-5 and go for drive thrus on the way home.

--- End quote ---

No idea about dogs.  I never owned one.  I never traveled with one.

Rick

Max Rockatansky:
There is plenty of outdoor access at restaurants.  Between Willits and Eureka I doubt anyone would even care if you had a dog with you inside. 

skluth:

--- Quote from: michravera on July 08, 2021, 09:08:06 PM ---

Rick

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No idea how accurate BringFido is. But this is their listing of dog-friendly restaurants in Eureka.

kkt:
Enjoy the trip!  This is a wonderful drive.  Definitely second taking Avenue of the Giants over staying on 101, unless you are in a huge hurry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version