National Boards > Bridges

Bridges that were designed to carry no traffic

<< < (2/10) > >>

CtrlAltDel:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 13, 2021, 05:20:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on July 13, 2021, 05:12:31 PM ---I-40 at the Colorado River has a few pipeline bridges, if that's along the lines of what you're looking for:

--- End quote ---

That’s former US 66, it was converted to pipeline usage.

--- End quote ---

Well, then it's been redesigned to carry no traffic.  :-D

More seriously, though, the image shows three pipeline bridgelike contraptions, and I don't think that all three were US-66. I admit, though, that I didn't look anything up here, and so I might very well be wrong.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on July 13, 2021, 05:29:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 13, 2021, 05:20:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on July 13, 2021, 05:12:31 PM ---I-40 at the Colorado River has a few pipeline bridges, if that's along the lines of what you're looking for:

--- End quote ---

Thatís former US 66, it was converted to pipeline usage.

--- End quote ---

Well, then it's been redesigned to carry no traffic.  :-D

More seriously, though, the image shows three pipeline bridgelike contraptions, and I don't think that all three were US-66. I admit, though, that I didn't look anything up here, and so I might very well be wrong.

--- End quote ---

You are correct, there is two standalone pipeline bridge structures that was designed from the onset as such.  I only know the Colorado Arch Bridge so well because it is a rare example of a classic piece of highway not being demolished or left to rot out in the Mojave:

https://flic.kr/p/RVAj7V

https://flic.kr/p/RVAiLK

ethanhopkin14:
Makes me think of this or this.

Big John:
I-376 in Pittsburgh has a bridge over it whose purpose is to collect falling concrete from the crumbling arch bridge above it.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 13, 2021, 05:35:44 PM ---Makes me think of this or this.

--- End quote ---

Crazy that the first link points to a suspension, whereas the second points straight down at the pavement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version