Regional Boards > Central States

I-240 extension in Oklahoma City

(1/31) > >>

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on July 29, 2021, 11:20:35 PM ---Lots of renumbering and interstate designation extensions coming to central Oklahoma area:

Taken from OKCTalk:

Turnpikes getting Highway Numbers
Item No. 105 - State Highway System Numbering Revisions Mr. Swift

a) Removal of the SH-152 Designation between JCT I-44/SH-152 and JCT SH-152/John Kilpatrick TP
b) Addition of a new Designation of I-240 to the above section of SH-152, the John Kilpatrick TP, and
the Kickapoo TP
c) Addition of an I-240 Follow Route on portions of I-44 and I-40
d) Addition of a new Designation of SH-4 to the H.E. Bailey Turnpike Norman Spur
e) Addition of a new Designation of SH-301 to the Chickasaw Turnpike
f) Addition of a new Designation of SH-312 to the Cimarron Turnpike Spur
g) Addition of a new Designation of SH-375 to the Indian Nation Turnpike

--- Quote --- Secretary of Transportation Tim Gatz will update the commission on the next phase of the modernization effort involving three state transportation agencies, ongoing federal funding discussions in U.S. Congress, and proposed state highway numbering designations at Oklahoma turnpike connections.
--- End quote ---

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/newsroom/2021/july/august-transportation-commission-meeting-scheduled-for-monday--a.html

--- End quote ---

I guess if the I-240 designation is applied to the Kickapoo Turnpike that might do away with any chances of a Southern extension down and over to the Norman/Moore area.

Edited to add quote to facilitate splitting topic. -S.]

Scott5114:
Oh wow, what the fuck? The SH-3xx numbers make sense but that overgrown I-240 is going to take a lot of getting used to.

yakra:

bugo:
That I-240 extension is just plain goofy. Is it going to have four cardinal directions? Will there be an overlap (follow route in ODOT-speak) with I-40 east of OKC?

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: bugo on July 30, 2021, 02:21:13 AM ---That I-240 extension is just plain goofy. Is it going to have four cardinal directions? Will there be an overlap (follow route in ODOT-speak) with I-40 east of OKC?

--- End quote ---

It does look goofy...not so much as a beltway as it is a belt buckle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version