Regional Boards > Northeast

New Jersey Turnpike striping/signing inconsistencies with the current MUTCD?

<< < (6/6)

vdeane:

--- Quote from: Alps on November 28, 2021, 02:58:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on November 27, 2021, 05:19:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 27, 2021, 11:26:42 AM ---In 2023 when the 1-4 widening takes place, that will change to remove the current Turnpike signs and all signs will be MUTCD compliant.

--- End quote ---
I doubt that.  Exits 6-8A are in the old Turnpike style, not MUTCD, and were installed less than a decade ago with the widening there.  MUTCD-style signs are only pervasive on the Turnpike from exit 9 north.

--- End quote ---
Check the NJTA Standard Drawings online. That'll tell you their current standards. Hint: Current standards are slightly newer than the 6-8A signs.

--- End quote ---
Well, yeah, those don't meet current spec, but I don't see why they would rip them out early with the 1-4 widening like roadman65 thought.  I could see also doing exit 5 at the same time, though, since that exit alone would then end up with the oldest signs.

storm2k:
4 and 5 have gotten some new ground mount signs because they've taken older overhead structures down. So it's very possible that 5 will still get all new signs, but that's a time will tell thing.

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: vdeane on November 29, 2021, 12:41:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 27, 2021, 11:26:42 AM ---In 2023 when the 1-4 widening takes place, that will change to remove the current Turnpike signs and all signs will be MUTCD compliant.

--- End quote ---
I doubt that.  Exits 6-8A are in the old Turnpike style, not MUTCD, and were installed less than a decade ago with the widening there.  MUTCD-style signs are only pervasive on the Turnpike from exit 9 north.

--- End quote ---
Check the NJTA Standard Drawings online. That'll tell you their current standards. Hint: Current standards are slightly newer than the 6-8A signs.

--- End quote ---
Well, yeah, those don't meet current spec, but I don't see why they would rip them out early with the 1-4 widening like roadman65 thought.  I could see also doing exit 5 at the same time, though, since that exit alone would then end up with the oldest signs.

--- End quote ---

As far as I know there's no current plans to replace the current signage before the widening takes place. No one is saying they're updating the signage to current spec now.

Alps:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 29, 2021, 03:50:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on November 29, 2021, 12:41:11 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

As far as I know there's no current plans to replace the current signage before the widening takes place. No one is saying they're updating the signage to current spec now.

--- End quote ---
Right, I'm just saying there's no reason to match anything other than the current spec being used north of Int 9.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version