Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

I-Pass timelag

(1/5) > >>

Badger39:
I know when I travel from Illinois to Indiana both the Chicago Skyway and Indiana Toll Road toll charges show up on the I-Pass site a day or two later than the Illinois charges.  My question - if I'm close to the autoreplenish amount in Illinois, do I need to manually load an amount a few days ahead of time so I can get through Indiana and other EZ Pass toll roads beyond with no problems?

SEWIGuy:
What would the problem be if you don't?

Badger39:

--- Quote from: SEWIGuy on September 19, 2021, 10:28:44 AM ---What would the problem be if you don't?

--- End quote ---

Let's say I start a trip with $15 my account.  By the time I get to the Chicago Skyway I'm below $10 and the account replenishes to $50.  I continue driving and now incur over $10 going through Indiana.  Do the Indiana toll booths think I have $15, $9, or $50 in my account?  The problem is magnified if I continue to the Ohio Turnpike, Pennsylvania Turnpike, New York Turnpike, and/or New Jersey Turnpike.

The other possibility is that the toll booths don't know my account balances and just submit a bill to Illinois I-Pass.  In that case, I would have the tolls covered.

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: SEWIGuy on September 19, 2021, 10:28:44 AM ---What would the problem be if you don't?

--- End quote ---
The Skyway and the ITR have barriers at all of the lanes at each toll plaza, and they won't open if your I-Pass has a negative balance.

ilpt4u:
I donít know if they still do, but ISTHA used to recommend putting additional $$$ in the I-Pass account if you are taking an East Coast Road Trip

I think the delay occurs with any foreign agency - ITR, OTC, PTC, Maryland ICC, NJTP, etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version