Regional Boards > Northeast

Joe Biden Expressway in Scranton

<< < (12/13) > >>

Alps:

--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on October 01, 2021, 06:15:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: skluth on October 01, 2021, 03:11:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 30, 2021, 12:16:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 29, 2021, 09:35:05 PM ---Regardless of your political beliefs, he was a longtime senator, VP, and the President who is the most famous person from Scranton. I'm no fan of Bush but I think it's appropriate to have roads named after him (them) in Texas.

--- End quote ---
The Bushes were from Connecticut.

--- End quote ---
That's just being pedantic. HW and especially W identified as being from Texas. W was even part owner of the Texas Rangers for a while, not to mention governor of Texas.

I do agree with not naming anything after anyone living. Period. St Louis couldn't remove the signs on the Mark McGwire Freeway fast enough after the MLB steroid scandal.

--- End quote ---
What if the steroids were revealed after McGwire died?

--- End quote ---
Then you deal with it later.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: skluth on October 01, 2021, 03:11:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 30, 2021, 12:16:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 29, 2021, 09:35:05 PM ---Regardless of your political beliefs, he was a longtime senator, VP, and the President who is the most famous person from Scranton. I'm no fan of Bush but I think it's appropriate to have roads named after him (them) in Texas.

--- End quote ---
The Bushes were from Connecticut.

--- End quote ---
That's just being pedantic. HW and especially W identified as being from Texas. W was even part owner of the Texas Rangers for a while, not to mention governor of Texas.

--- End quote ---

Amazing what people will say about themselves when it is politically expedient to do so.  There was a big reason why they'd run off to Kennebunkport rather than closer climes to Texas.  Texas was business; New England was home.

roadman65:
Well I have lived in Florida most of my adult life. I came from New Jersey originally but I could say I am a Florida resident if I ever ran for an Office.

The thing is we have to get used to a disposable world where things will come and go fast. Look at Compact Discs and Floppy Discs. They came as the the thing and now are forgotten.

We have to deal with BS like it or not, and we have to live with people in power whom we dislike. Itís life.  Same with lying or exaggerating which is been the norm for years in all aspects of life.

hbelkins:
I still want to know if Pennsylvania is still using FHWA for new guide sign installations instead of Clearview on a statewide basis. It would be a major surprise if one of the innovators and early adopters and advocates for Clearview has now abandoned it.

LilianaUwU:
My nitpick is, of all things, with the mismatched patch with the new name in FHWA and the Exprwy abbreviation in Clearview.

Also, "Exprwy"? Shouldn't it be "Expwy"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version