Regional Boards > Northeast

Joe Biden Expressway in Scranton

<< < (13/13)

Roadsguy:

--- Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 03, 2021, 01:09:13 PM ---My nitpick is, of all things, with the mismatched patch with the new name in FHWA and the Exprwy abbreviation in Clearview.

Also, "Exprwy"? Shouldn't it be "Expwy"?

--- End quote ---

Presumably the original sign was Clearview and they only overlaid the "Central Scranton" text, rather than the entire name.

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 02, 2021, 02:04:10 PM ---I still want to know if Pennsylvania is still using FHWA for new guide sign installations instead of Clearview on a statewide basis. It would be a major surprise if one of the innovators and early adopters and advocates for Clearview has now abandoned it.

--- End quote ---

I've posted in the general Pennsylvania thread about this since I'd also like to know if this is a good sign (heh) for PennDOT's future signage, or if it's just a fluke (perhaps a result of city involvement?). Discussion in this thread seems primarily focused on the name change itself rather than the updated signage.

LilianaUwU:

--- Quote from: Roadsguy on October 03, 2021, 01:53:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 03, 2021, 01:09:13 PM ---My nitpick is, of all things, with the mismatched patch with the new name in FHWA and the Exprwy abbreviation in Clearview.

Also, "Exprwy"? Shouldn't it be "Expwy"?

--- End quote ---

Presumably the original sign was Clearview and they only overlaid the "Central Scranton" text, rather than the entire name.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's literally what happened. But the clash between FHWA and Clearview is still odd.

storm2k:
I'm more annoyed by their abbreviation of "Exprwy" rather than "Expy" or "Expwy" as is the traditional way.

tylert120:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 29, 2021, 07:08:33 PM ---1.) I've seen photos that show the greenout done in FHWA, leaving only the bottom line in Clearview. I'm shocked -- shocked -- that Pennsylvania has abandoned Clearview.

--- End quote ---

Clearview is alive and well in PA. Those signs were probably made by a contractor.

Bitmapped:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 02, 2021, 02:04:10 PM ---I still want to know if Pennsylvania is still using FHWA for new guide sign installations instead of Clearview on a statewide basis. It would be a major surprise if one of the innovators and early adopters and advocates for Clearview has now abandoned it.

--- End quote ---

PennDOT installed replacement Clearview signage on I-79 near Pittsburgh last year. PTC also replaced some tolling-related signage on the Mon-Fayette Expressway with Clearview this year.

For larger projects, it seems like it depends on when the plans were drafted. The I-70 widening near Washington received FHWA signage this year. Signs for the Southern Beltway that just went up are also in FHWA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version