News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ask me anything about Bumbletown, MI

Started by renegade, October 28, 2021, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade

My turn.  It's pretty obscure, but I'm sure there's plenty to discuss.  Go for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumbletown,_Michigan
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

jlam

Is it getting to be a pain driving so far to get to, say, an airport? Which one do you fly out of and into?

thspfc

Do you view Houghton as a "big city"? Or do you view Houghton as just a town, and Detroit as a big city?

renegade

It's in the sticks.  Houghton is the nearest 'big town,' and has nearly everything I need.  Flying?  Duluth or Mosinee are the closest, but I'm not all that into flying.  Chicago and MSP are closer than Detroit.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

thspfc

Quote from: jlam on October 28, 2021, 02:11:20 PM
Is it getting to be a pain driving so far to get to, say, an airport? Which one do you fly out of and into?
Obviously not OP, but if I lived on the the Keweenaw Peninsula, I would just drive to and from all destinations of less than ~1300 miles. It's four hours to the closest resemblance of a notable airport (Green Bay), and six hours to the closest airport that will get you somewhere without a connection (Milwaukee, with MSP being a little further, and Detroit and Chicago further still). Not worth it to drive several hours both ways, and then spend extra time at the airport, and pay for the plane ticket just to save a couple hours when all is said and done.

Brandon

Quote from: thspfc on October 28, 2021, 02:13:33 PM
Do you view Houghton as a "big city"? Or do you view Houghton as just a town, and Detroit as a big city?

Hoton is da beeg ciddy, dontcha know, eh.  Detroit is anyting sout of da Bridge.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

GaryV

How many friends do you have named Toivo and Aino?

Flint1979

I was in Bumbletown last summer when I was county clinching the rest of Michigan. It rests right on the Houghton/Keweenaw County line and there is a BP station there is what I remember about it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.