News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ask me anything about Aragon, Spain

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, October 28, 2021, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

I might join the fun as well :sombrero:. However and unlike the other threads this one might survive, since it's about a not very appreciated area right in between Madrid and Barcelona, so there might be some interest.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

JayhawkCO

How much Cava do you drink per day?

Chris

triplemultiplex

Aragon... Isn't that where the elves were from in Lord of the Rings?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

CNGL-Leudimin

You are confusing with Aragorn, a character from Lord of the Rings, not a land.
Quote from: jayhawkco on October 28, 2021, 03:15:47 PM
How much Cava do you drink per day?

Chris

Not much. I only drink that at special celebrations, so not an everyday custom.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NWI_Irish96

How close has La Vuelta come to where you live?
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Who are the most-supported soccer teams in Aragon? Huesca and Zaragoza have both been in La Liga recently, but neither are now, so have people jumped ship to nearby Valencia, or the Barcelona train wreck?

JayhawkCO

What Spanish languages/dialects do you hear most often and are they all intelligible to you?  I speak more Latin American Spanish and Castellano is still hard for me and Catalan and Vasco are 100% mush in my ears.

Chris

CNGL-Leudimin

I speak a variety of Spanish with many loanwords from Aragonese, a language previously spoken in my area which is somewhere between Catalan and Castilian Spanish. Today only a few speakers of Aragonese remain, and I'd like to learn it (at least I can understand both the written and spoken forms). I can understand Catalan as well, but Basque, being a isolate language, is close to Chinese for me.
Quote from: thspfc on October 29, 2021, 09:02:48 AM
Who are the most-supported soccer teams in Aragon? Huesca and Zaragoza have both been in La Liga recently, but neither are now, so have people jumped ship to nearby Valencia, or the Barcelona train wreck?

I'd say Real Zaragoza is the most supported team in Aragon simply because of population (over half of the regional population live in Zaragoza). SD Huesca, my hometown's team, has been more recently in La Liga, but I don't think it has much support outside the province. But of course, people also support other teams like Real Madrid or Barça.
Quote from: cabiness42 on October 29, 2021, 07:36:20 AM
How close has La Vuelta come to where you live?

I've been at the start line of a stage once. But that was a few years ago.

I'm going out for a long weekend, so I won't be able to answer any further answers until Monday.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.