News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I'm a fucking moron

Started by Daniel Fiddler, January 19, 2022, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Fiddler

After spending an hour and a half of editing a single line in Eastern Kentucky and western West Virginia on a single map, my pap would not let me edit said line any more.  :(

I guess I surpassed Google Maps limits of points per lines.   :bigass:

I deleted said line (because I still had places in the middle it was too rough even with really thick lines), so I am redoing my work, this time with more lines.

Just letting people know, Google Maps does have a hard limit.

tolbs17

Same here, bro. I planned on making a vision map for the future number of lanes, but I just gave up on it because it was too much work.

snowc

Quote from: Daniel Fiddler on January 19, 2022, 07:41:28 PM
After spending an hour and a half of editing a single line in Eastern Kentucky and western West Virginia on a single map, my pap would not let me edit said line any more.  :(

I guess I surpassed Google Maps limits of points per lines.   :bigass:

I deleted said line (because I still had places in the middle it was too rough even with really thick lines), so I am redoing my work, this time with more lines.

Just letting people know, Google Maps does have a hard limit.
I agree with You! :nod:
Yes I wanted to edit the direction google wanted me to take and it said "Route cannot be modified further"
:banghead:

jlam

I'm mapping my 2022 travels. Apparently, Google Maps can't handle a trip to Granby and back. When I tried to edit the line, the nodes weren't popping up, so I had to start over. With some trial and error, the limit seems to be 1000 nodes, give or take.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

CNGL-Leudimin

I noticed that a while ago. I was doing a map for my fictional plans, and I was including existing Interstates as close as possible to their routes, however when I tried to finish marking "I-85" in New York (replacing most of I-87) I ran into that limit. I got frustrated, and deleted that map.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Scott5114

I believe there's a way to embed the KML in OpenStreetMap as well (that's what USRD is doing with their newer route maps; I'm not sure if that's some sort of fancy MediaWiki toy or something accessible from the OSM side). This has the benefit of giving you county lines.

Personally, toying around with QGIS and working out how to do the cartography work to make a map that is pleasing to the eye, then rendering it as a PNG, is half the fun of making a custom map to me.

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on January 20, 2022, 08:12:06 AM
I noticed that a while ago.

I know it's not the intent, but this is about the most savage way to start a post in a thread entitled "I'm a fucking moron" :sombrero:

Daniel Fiddler

I know it's not the intent, but this is about the most savage way to start a post in a thread entitled "I'm a fucking moron" :sombrero:
[/quote]

It's alright, I didn't take it as an insult.  And even if I did, I'm grown a thick skin from being the object of insults throughout my life, I've learned to laugh at myself when I'm an idiot.  I very rarely take things personally.

I've been shunned or all but shunned by all my family except my mother and my maternal grandmother either due to my autism (Asperger's Syndrome actually) and / or bisexuality, and I don't give a shit.  If they choose to be ignorant / intolerant, I don't need them.

jakeroot

I think he was saying that he noticed "a while ago" the limits with the Google Maps editor, not some sort of insinuation that, "a while ago", he noticed you were a "fucking moron". :-D

Scott5114

Quote from: jakeroot on January 21, 2022, 02:55:12 PM
I think he was saying that he noticed "a while ago" the limits with the Google Maps editor, not some sort of insinuation that, "a while ago", he noticed you were a "fucking moron". :-D

Yes, I assumed that was CNGL's meaning...but the alternate unintended interpretation was funny enough I wanted to mention it :-D

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 20, 2022, 08:24:57 PM

LOL, I had not noticed this double entendre! Of course as jakeroot already pointed out I was replying to the content of the OP, not to the thread title.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.