News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Firehouse Subs to be acquired by owner of Burger King

Started by kevinb1994, November 16, 2021, 12:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/burger-king-owner-buying-firehouse-subs-for-dollar1-billion

It is noted that the owner of Burger King, based in Toronto (Burger King is based in Miami), also owns Tim Hortons and Popeyes.

Personally, I'm not that much of a fan of Firehouse Subs-I much prefer Jersey Mike's.

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

renegade

Firehouse Subs is one of my favorites.  I hope that Restaurant Brands doesn't ruin them like they did to Timmy's and BK.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

ilpt4u

Flint1979

Big John

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

One of the best things about Firehouse is you can go in there and buy their used 5-gallon pickle buckets (with lids!) for $3 each. An identical bucket at Lowe's is $5, and you have to buy the lid separately.

We use a ton of 5-gallon buckets at my work, so it's a huge cost saver.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

nexus73

Loaf of French bread: $1.05.  Head of lettuce: 89 cents.  Tomato: $1.29  Jar of mayo: $4  One pound of sliced meat from the deli: $8 

Buy that stuff, make up a HUGE sandwich at home and feed two people with lettuce, tomato and mayo left over for use in salads.  It will be better than all those franchised sub sandwich shops.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Scott5114

Quote from: nexus73 on November 17, 2021, 09:40:39 AM
Loaf of French bread: $1.05.  Head of lettuce: 89 cents.  Tomato: $1.29  Jar of mayo: $4  One pound of sliced meat from the deli: $8 

Buy that stuff, make up a HUGE sandwich at home and feed two people with lettuce, tomato and mayo left over for use in salads.  It will be better than all those franchised sub sandwich shops.

Rick

Except for the fact that it's worse, sure.

SectorZ

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 05:33:19 PM
I prefer Quiznos.

I loved them but every one of them near me has bitten the dust. Only one now in New England, and that's way down in Orange, CT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: SectorZ on November 17, 2021, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 05:33:19 PM
I prefer Quiznos.

I loved them but every one of them near me has bitten the dust. Only one now in New England, and that's way down in Orange, CT.

I still have one down the street from me in Fowler, California.  They generally are a rare find these days.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: renegade on November 16, 2021, 07:28:15 PM
Firehouse Subs is one of my favorites.  I hope that Restaurant Brands doesn't ruin them like they did to Timmy's and BK.

Popeyes, though, that's still solid.  Love that spicy chicken.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kevinb1994

The funny thing about the whole deal is that there is a Popeye's across from where the original Firehouse Subs was (it's now across from a Charley's, though still on San Jose Boulevard). What I don't know is how long that Popeye's has been there.

snowc

And we are now gonna hear that the demographics are going DOWN, WAY Down! was 44-50, now 18-24!  :pan: :colorful:
Way to go RBI, you ruined another brand!  :clap: :banghead:
For me, I'm a Jersey Mikes fan.
Got one down the street from me so it makes it easy.
Also like Subway.
I like their Chipolte SW, now known as Baja Chipolte. No changes to the actual taste, IMHO.  :pan:

Scott5114

Quote from: snowc on November 19, 2021, 02:48:39 PM
And we are now gonna hear that the demographics are going DOWN, WAY Down! was 44-50, now 18-24!  :pan: :colorful:
Way to go RBI, you ruined another brand!  :clap: :banghead:

Usually lower age demographics are a good thing. 18-24 year-olds are more likely to make impulse purchases than 44-50. Thus why TV programs are made specifically to appeal to that demographic; advertisers will pay more to advertise to younger viewers than they will older ones (which is why shows with audiences that skew older tend to get nothing but Life Alert and Wilford Brimley diabeetus ads).

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

Quote from: US71 on November 19, 2021, 06:28:33 PM

Also like Subway.

I'm sorry

Subway is one of those restaurants that really varies in quality. When you have a good Subway, it's fantastic. But it quickly goes downhill the less the owner/employees give a damn.

LilianaUwU

Considering what happened with Tim Hortons, I'm pretty sure Firehouse Subs will drop in quality sooner or later...
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

LM117

Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 18, 2021, 04:35:50 PM
Quote from: renegade on November 16, 2021, 07:28:15 PM

Popeyes, though, that's still solid.  Love that spicy chicken.

You still love that chicken from Popeye's? :bigass:

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 19, 2021, 07:19:50 PM

Also like Subway.

I'm sorry

Subway is one of those restaurants that really varies in quality. When you have a good Subway, it's fantastic. But it quickly goes downhill the less the owner/employees give a damn.

The franchisee standards are pretty lax in terms of getting a Subway going.  The quality variance from location to location is one of the widest in all of fast food I've found with Subway.  I did have a hand full of the good Subways picked out when I worked on the road half the year circa 2010-2013.  I found that Love's usually had the best Subway restaurants and even had items weren't available elsewhere (example; breakfast sausage).

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 19, 2021, 07:27:15 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 19, 2021, 07:19:50 PM

Also like Subway.

I'm sorry

The franchisee standards are pretty lax in terms of getting a Subway going.  The quality variance from location to location is one of the widest in all of fast food I've found with Subway.  I did have a hand full of the good Subways picked out when I worked on the road half the year circa 2010-2013.  I found that Love's usually had the best Subway restaurants and even had items weren't available elsewhere (example; breakfast sausage).

It's a shame.  I didn't even think about differing quality between Subways, but when I get a less-than-stellar sandwich, I tend to stay away from them all for a good long while.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

I haven't ate at Subway or Burger King in years. I think both suck and I have no desire to eat at either place.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.