Quote from: Road Hog on November 20, 2021, 01:26:18 AM
Subway has been overpriced since they did away with the

FIVE,

FIVE DOLLAR,

FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONGS.

You mean the 11 inch "footlongs"
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ET21

I've meant to try our Firehouse again, a new one opened up a few mins down the street. Last time I had it was 4 years ago, it was good. Nothing crazy but don't remember anything bad about them.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

US71

Quote from: ET21 on November 24, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
I've meant to try our Firehouse again, a new one opened up a few mins down the street. Last time I had it was 4 years ago, it was good. Nothing crazy but don't remember anything bad about them.

It's been a few months for me, but I like their meatball subs. Overall, they just seem fresher than Subway.  I worked for Subway years ago and was never impressed.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

snowc

Quote from: US71 on November 24, 2021, 09:56:56 AM

It's been a few months for me, but I like their meatball subs. Overall, they just seem fresher than Subway.  I worked for Subway years ago and was never impressed.
Anybody heard of Jrecks? @Rothman probably knows, as he is from NYS.  :-D

Rothman

Quote from: snowc on November 24, 2021, 10:53:29 AM

Yep, but I haven't eaten there.  It certainly has a dedicated following.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

Quote from: snowc on November 24, 2021, 10:53:29 AM

I have. They have a bunch of locations in the Syracuse area.

vdeane

I LOVE Jreck.  Unfortunately I don't get to go often as I've long since clinched that part of the state - especially since it seems that the one in Champlain has closed for whatever reason.  My favorite was near Plattsburgh right off the Northway, but that lost the franchise years ago for whatever reason; at least as of 2014, it was a place called Lambo's that was basically a Jreck in all but name (it doesn't show up in Google Maps but it's attached to the Sunoco station and was still there when the street view car went through).  Not sure what happened to Champlain.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

snowc

Quote from: vdeane on November 24, 2021, 09:30:05 PM
I LOVE Jreck.  Unfortunately I don't get to go often as I've long since clinched that part of the state - especially since it seems that the one in Champlain has closed for whatever reason.  My favorite was near Plattsburgh right off the Northway, but that lost the franchise years ago for whatever reason; at least as of 2014, it was a place called Lambo's that was basically a Jreck in all but name (it doesn't show up in Google Maps but it's attached to the Sunoco station and was still there when the street view car went through).  Not sure what happened to Champlain.
What do you usually get from Jrecks? I get the hamburger sub.  :D

vdeane

Quote from: snowc on November 25, 2021, 01:29:40 PM
Quote from: vdeane on November 24, 2021, 09:30:05 PM
What do you usually get from Jrecks? I get the hamburger sub.  :D
Just a normal cold sub.  The one near Plattsburgh had a peanut butter/chocolate brownie that was nice to get for dessert, but that was unique to them.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Flint1979

I like Big John Steak & Onion. It's a regional chain and a cultural icon of Flint.

Max Rockatansky

Since we are still talking about our favorite subs I'd like to mention Publix deli.  It's not fast food per se but man do they make a good sandwich.  The Publix deli cuts and Boar's Head are hard to beat at any fast food chain.  I'm not much of a bread guy but I really like what Publix bakes given it soaks in condiments and somehow stays crunchy when toasted.  The chicken strips sub is something so sublime that I don't know how it has made it to the mortal plain.

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2021, 12:29:37 PM
Since we are still talking about our favorite subs I'd like to mention Publix deli.  It's not fast food per se but man do they make a good sandwich.  The Publix deli cuts and Boar's Head are hard to beat at any fast food chain.  I'm not much of a bread guy but I really like what Publix bakes given it soaks in condiments and somehow stays crunchy when toasted.  The chicken strips sub is something so sublime that I don't know how it has made it to the mortal plain.
Publix...  :rolleyes: :ded:
I like HT and FL's subs.
Dont know what HT and FL stand for?
It stands for Harris Teeter and Food Lion, respectively. They are grocery chains in NC.  ;-) :D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.