Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-49 in Arkansas

<< < (640/663) > >>

MikieTimT:
The iDriveArkansas camera viewing the south end sure looks different now with that hill mostly gone.  Still looks like a lot of work to be done before the end of next week, though.  Maybe the US-71 exit will still be closed southbound after Oct. 1.

jbnv:

--- Quote from: O Tamandua on September 23, 2021, 11:51:53 PM ---What benefit does Louisiana get from I-49 complete in Arkansas anyway? The only one I can think of is better access to NWA for evacuations.

--- End quote ---

Just thought of a real benefit to Louisiana: a faster trip for LSU and Arkansas fans for the Battle of the Boot.

(This is sarcasm.)

Anthony_JK:
They could just as easily move that game to Shreveport (Independence Bowl Stadium) and/or Little Rock.

Well, I-49 would, especially when I-49 South is completed, give better access to the main Louisiana ports (Port of South Louisiana, Port Fourchon, NOLA), which would not suck for commerce.

O Tamandua:
BVB WEEK BEGINS!

(EDIT: It appears to be the lead story in today's Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette - it's at the top of their web site right now, regardless.  The I-49 pincer is about to shut to between Alma and north Texarkana.):

Missing link in I-49 ready to open, ribbon cutting set

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2021/sep/26/missing-link-in-i-49-ready-to-open-ribbon-cutting/

MikieTimT:

--- Quote from: O Tamandua on September 26, 2021, 11:37:44 AM ---BVB WEEK BEGINS!

(EDIT: It appears to be the lead story in today's Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette - it's at the top of their web site right now, regardless.  The I-49 pincer is about to shut to between Alma and north Texarkana.):

Missing link in I-49 ready to open, ribbon cutting set

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2021/sep/26/missing-link-in-i-49-ready-to-open-ribbon-cutting/

--- End quote ---

Sure looks like they've got quite a bit left to finish on the overpass and the southbound US-71 exit in Bentonville looking at the live feed from the iDriveArkansas.com camera.  Still got lots of rock on the offramp, which will likely need a resurface at minimum after they clear all of the tailings from the blasting.  Still need to finish striping the southbound carriageway across the overpass, and they haven't done any striping of the northbound carriageway for a little ways past the ends of the overpass.  That likely can be done in a day, though.  Is the SPUI underneath scheduled to be done by Oct. 1, or is that considered its own project?  I'd probably expect some cleanup projects and lane closures after Oct. 1 for a month or so regardless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version